× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GEO-FILTER NO LONGER SHOWING IN GAME PING

jesusm07
Guide

GEO-FILTER NO LONGER SHOWING IN GAME PING

Hello,

I have the XR-500 NIghthawks. I mainly play Call of Duty which is the main reason why I got this router. So that I can set a radius to somewhat control the distance of the host and so that I can see the ping of the in game host.

For a while now 99% of the time it no longer shows the ping during a game. This started happening a few updates ago. At first I though it was just a temporary problem and it would work again. It's been several months and I am still having the same issue. Very rarely will it show the in game ping but the majority of the time it wont. On top of that a lot of times during the game it wont show who the host is or at times it looks as if there is more than one host.That is a seperate problem though.

I didn't always have this problem of ping not showing during a game. This started months ago after one of the updates. As I started searching to see if anyone else had this problem it seems as this has been a known issue since last year but I am yet to find a post with someone mentioning the solution. Has there been a fix to this problem?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Hey,

Where are you looking to find this ping?

If you have Auto-ping enabled in Geo-filter, it should show you on the Auto-ping panel beneath the map when you're in-game.

With regards to seeing who is the host, you won't be able to see this informaiton on Geo-filter as there are no peer-to-peer connections, you will just be seeing the server.

Message 2 of 14
jesusm07
Guide

I have auto-ping enabled. I have not changed anything then what I had set before and I was able to see what the in game ping is. There is an "Auto Ping" panel and that is where the ping information used to show. I'm attaching a picture I took of the panel during the middle of a game and as shown in the picture ....no ping information is showing.

As far as hosts there are peer-peer hosts when a dedicated server is not available. I have "Filtering Mode", "Strict Mode" and "Auto Ping Host" selected. Again the picture attached is in the middle of a match in Call of Duty. Very rarely do I get ping info like I used to but now this is what I get 99% of the time. Wether the host is a peer-peer connection or a dedicated server most of the time it wont show ping info. It used to but not anymore.

Message 3 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you disable Auto Ping please and click the host/server manually and see if the ping shows please? The issue with CoD is they now don't respond properly to pings so we may need to apply what we do on Ping Heatmap on to the Geo-Filter to compensate.
Message 4 of 14
jesusm07
Guide

I disabled auto ping and clicked on the host and no information comes up. I tried it during 2 games. One on a peer host and the other on a dedicated server game match.

Message 5 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for this.

Just to clarify, which CoD are you playing? Modern Warfare, Cold War, Warzone?

This will assist us in recreating the issue and ultimately resolving it.

Could you also let me know which firmware version you're currently running?

Message 6 of 14
jesusm07
Guide

I am currently playing Cold War. I started noticing this problem in Modern Warfare. During this Black Ops 4 I may have had this problem from time to time but for the most part it was showing the ping. 

The firmware I am currently running is Firmware version XR500 V2.3.2.66

Message 7 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK great,

I would suggest forcing flushing the cloud again in Geo-filter as we've recently made some updates that may have helped.

Message 8 of 14
jesusm07
Guide

I tried flushing the cloud and it didn't help.

Message 9 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide a full page screenshot of the Geo-Filter (including the web browser) showing what you see when you auto or manually ping a host please?
Message 10 of 14
jesusm07
Guide

This is the screenshot of me using "Auto Ping" during a match. In the same game in the auto ping box when I tried to manually ping the server on that exact game nothing showed up. It just kept searching but no information would show up at all. It was just completely blank.I use Chrome. This week I have only received ping information only once.

Message 11 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for that, do you have this issue if you play any other game at all?
Message 12 of 14
jesusm07
Guide

I dont really play any other that requires for me to connect to a server other than just Call of Duty. This is the main reason I bought the router. To prioritize my internet, connect to closer local servers/hosts and check the host ping when I play Call of Duty.

Message 13 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd recommend upgrading to the beta, doing a factory reset and then seeing if it behaves as it should
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma
Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7