× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Gaming Router on Mesh - XRM570 Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router and Mesh WiFi System with DumaOS

carlh1
Initiate

Gaming Router on Mesh - XRM570 Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router and Mesh WiFi System with DumaOS

I currently have an older nighthawk and have been happy with it. however, i have a 2500 sq foot two story and it's not reaching everywhere i would like.  I did an older extender to the garage and one to my bedroom.  Lately i traded for an eero mesh setup, but it's crapping out and slow.  I like the idea of the XRM570 Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router and Mesh WiFi System with DumaOS, but it doesn't seem to be a true mesh... and i need two extentders with ports.  Anyone have insight on a configuration? I could swtich to orbi. I hard wire my two xbox's and i hardwire my NAS drives also, as well as my HPTV. most other stuff is wifi in the house.     So i guess the question is if i should go Orbi, or do a nighthawk and would the "mesh" work? can i do more than one "mesh"?

Message 1 of 4
carlh1
Initiate

Re: Gaming Router on Mesh - XRM570 Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router and Mesh WiFi System with DumaOS

What i means is if i can do more than one mesh repeater with that XRM570, or with another nighthawk/repeater setup?  I'm on the never ending search for speed and power 🙂

Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As far as I am aware you should be able to connect multiple extenders to the router to create a mesh system. You could also connect your existing netgear router and put it in AP mode to extend wifi range as well.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Both EX7700 and 8000 are extenders and have LAN ports in back. My two EX7700 work well with my XR450. Smiley Very Happy

@carlh1 wrote:

I currently have an older nighthawk and have been happy with it. however, i have a 2500 sq foot two story and it's not reaching everywhere i would like.  I did an older extender to the garage and one to my bedroom.  Lately i traded for an eero mesh setup, but it's crapping out and slow.  I like the idea of the XRM570 Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router and Mesh WiFi System with DumaOS, but it doesn't seem to be a true mesh... and i need two extentders with ports.  Anyone have insight on a configuration? I could swtich to orbi. I hard wire my two xbox's and i hardwire my NAS drives also, as well as my HPTV. most other stuff is wifi in the house.     So i guess the question is if i should go Orbi, or do a nighthawk and would the "mesh" work? can i do more than one "mesh"?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7