× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gaming Router

Eliaanaa
Aspirant

Gaming Router

Hello,

I recently bought the XR500 for my son who enjoys COD, Fortnite and Overwatch. My daughter enjoys ROBLOX, but she tends to have difficult with certain games. Is Netgear compatiable with ROBLOX? It seems like her 'ping' stays the same regardless even if she's connected to it. I'm not very familiar with this, so if anybody could help me I'd gladly appreciate it!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Gaming Router

If pings are the same regardless of being connected to the router or not, that would be a game issue not a router issue. 

Most all games are compatible with the router. Mostly how you can configure the router to work with some different games like CoD and first person online shooter games have more interest for this router. 

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above, if the ping doesn't change then there wasn't a home network issue with it in the first place. That or settings haven't been optimized. I'd suggest going through this optimal settings guide and see how you get on: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646
Message 3 of 6
Eliaanaa
Aspirant

Thank you guys for the quick responses! Would it also be best to have a fast internet modem? We have a cable modem, but internet wise it isn’t that fast. If I replaced it with a better modem, would that help?
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If it provides you with the expected/estimated speeds that you pay for then no need to get another modem, all it does is pass through the information to the router so as long as it hits your speeds it should be fine.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7