× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Geo-Filter Problem

IN33DH37P
Aspirant

Geo-Filter Problem

I just purchased an XR450. I followed the setup. Upon testing the geo- filtering. It seems like it doesn't do what it's suppose to. I used ping heatmap to determine which server I wanna qeueu. I tried drawing around that server and even set distance mode but nothing changes. It always takes me to the same server with the same ping. Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 7
IN33DH37P
Aspirant

Re: Geo-Filter Problem

So what it does is just take me to the closest server to me / lowest ping. It's like an anti-Geo-Filter. Lol. Please help

Message 2 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide a full page screenshot showing what the map looks like when it has gotten you that server please?
Message 3 of 7
IN33DH37P
Aspirant

Like this

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Remove the Device from the Geo-Filter, then in the Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type. Then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option. I would also recommend you widen the radius to allow more servers. Once you've done that wait 2 minutes then boot up the game and search.
Message 5 of 7
IN33DH37P
Aspirant

I got stuck in fetching online profile when I did this. I wasn't able to connect to the game.

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

How wide is your radius now? Have you rebooted the game since making these changes?

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7