× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Geo-filter and Traffic rioritization not working (no red light)

joshchapman
Tutor

Geo-filter and Traffic rioritization not working (no red light)

I'm on PC I have been having problems with my router for a while now as it used to wwork but now doesn't. I tried manually adding a traffic priorization service as console as I saw this worked for some people however it didn't work for me. Also my geo-filter doesn't diplay anything anymore when the game is loading up to when I am in a game all it shows is the red thing spinning the radius I selected. I'm from the UK and have it linked up to my BT wifi so british people may be more knowledgeable about this.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Traffic Prioritization is an issue we are aware of so that is something we'll need to fix. You may be able to get it working if you put in the ports the game uses. What game are you trying to play? In the Device Manager set your PC to an Xbox or PlayStation device type and then add it back to the Geo-Filter.
Message 2 of 17
joshchapman
Tutor

Hi I'm playing and having trouble with fortnite and is it possible for you to link me the ports as I'm not sure where or what the correct ones are.

Message 3 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The ports for PC are TCP/UDP: 5222,5795-5847 so make a rule keeping the source ports as the default it shows (1-65535) and use the ones I've mentioned for destination. Also for Fortnite due to the way matchmaking works it will try to load you into the game before first checking if the server is available so you may get booted when it gets blocked. Some people prefer to use spectating mode, see what server they get and quit and retry until they get the one they want - can be faster doing it this way.
Message 4 of 17
joshchapman
Tutor

I've gave it some time now using the ports I manually put in and it has made no difference. When I mmanually put in games console on traffic prioritization they red light comes and goes but all my packets register as background and only like 1 packet every 5 seconds is prioritized.

Message 5 of 17
joshchapman
Tutor

Quick update. just started playing call of duty and the high priortization seems to work but not on fortnite.

Message 6 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of the Traffic Prioritization & TP information panels please?
Message 7 of 17
joshchapman
Tutor

Message 8 of 17
joshchapman
Tutor

Message 9 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Those options should definitely allow it to work on Fortnite, are you on the latest XR300 firmware version?
Message 10 of 17
joshchapman
Tutor

Yes i'm on the newest firmware update. For some reason my packets register as background instead of high priority. But when I play COD works perfectly fine

Message 11 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd suggest adding the ports manually for the game and then it will definitely work.
Message 12 of 17
joshchapman
Tutor

I think I've but the ports in right like in the photo and the light shows up, but my packets are still being detected as not priority and I feel laggy.

Message 13 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a little video or gif showing how much the high priority packets go up when you're actually playing please? Also what Anti-Bufferbloat options are you using and what is your exact physical setup?
Message 14 of 17
joshchapman
Tutor

Made a gif to show what happens whilst playing. It's really blurry cause im not sure how to properly do it but basically the high priority packets go up 1 every 5 seconds and the background ones go up loads.

https://gph.is/g/aXJAXPe

Message 15 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for that, I think this may be related to a bug we're looking into and should be fixed for the next version.
Message 16 of 17
joshchapman
Tutor

ok thanks

Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7