× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Geo-filter error: "Uncaught undefined"

MrDsg44
Aspirant

Geo-filter error: "Uncaught undefined"

Whenever I try to use the Geo-Filter on my router it just loads/thinks for a while and then I get a small partially broken up window saying: "Uncaught undefined". Any knowhow regarding that? 🙂

Best regards.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Geo-filter error: "Uncaught undefined"

I believe that this might be to do with a device that was previously in the Geo-Filter but was moved.

As a test, could you try using an Incognito or Private window in your browser and doing the same thing? This will eliminate the possibility of it being a caching problem.

Message 2 of 6
MrDsg44
Aspirant

Hey, thank you for the reply. 

I tried doing as you asked but had exactly the same issue. Maybe I also should add that this XR300 is spanking brand new, got it a couple of days ago.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Since you've got the router and added the device to the Geo-Filter have you done a reboot or upgrade or anything like that? This happens when the device is no longer there or occassionally if the name has changed. This can be resolved by either renaming the device back to what it was called when it was added to the Geo-Filter or a factory reset will definitely fix it.
Message 4 of 6
MrDsg44
Aspirant

Hmm I have not literaly added a device to the Geo-filter. Is that done elsewhere in the DumaOS? 

Since the router is new for me: All I did was starting it, installing using the quickstart guide and it updated once for new firmware. I have restarted it once or twice I think. I'll look into your reply and see if it works, thanks 🙂

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No just on the Geo-Filter, strange it behaved that way from the get go. May have been a left over device from factory testing though that shouldn't have happened, give it a factory reset and go through the setup wizard and you should be good to go.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7