× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Geo filter not showing the peers that are connecting?

Oriental
Tutor

Geo filter not showing the peers that are connecting?

My geo filter is only showing the dedicated or peer host that iam connected to in that radius. My settings are set like the tutorial that netgear/dumaos is giving. Iam using a ps4 with the xr500. The geo filters doing its job. Only i dont see any connectors showing up on the map. Iam monitoring with a laptop running win10.

Ps4-& bo4
Firmware v2.3.2.40
Wired
Filtering mode
Distance set to 450km
Living central eu (NL)

Hope somebody can help or give me some advice
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: Geo filter not showing the peers that are connecting?

Hi there - if nothing is showing then it means you have not added the correct device at the top of the Geo-Filter page. Could you do this please:

1. Go to the Geo-Filter page and delete any devices you have added at the top
  2. Switch your PS4 on (and double check it's definitely connected to your XR500)
  3. Go to the Device Manager and look for your PlayStation, which should show as online on either LAN or wireless (depending on how it connected)
  4. Click on your PlayStation on the Network Map. In the new panel that opens, give it a unique name e.g. 'My PS4'. Then click save/update
  5. Go back to the Geo-Filter and at the top, click Add Device and choose your PS4

It should now work from this point forward. If it does not, could you take a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page and post on here. We can then take a look. Thanks.

Message 2 of 7
Oriental
Tutor

device manager.jpggeo filter.jpg

after turning off/on didnt help

Message 3 of 7
Oriental
Tutor

just made a video:

https://youtu.be/GNhywb7AaO4

at 0:33 you will see that a couple of icons will apear on the map. That is in the moment after i started up BO4 at the Home Screen (i didnt joined any game yet.

at 1:11 i joined a host. But there are no icons of other players...

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Your video shows that it is working just fine. That icon you had was the server, it's just been misclassified as a peer. You won't always see players on the map when you're connecting to a server.
Message 5 of 7
Oriental
Tutor

I never had players show up like on your geo video from netgear? When will it show and when not?

Im using dns 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 does that even care?

Thx in advance
Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It depends on the game, sometimes you will sometimes you won't. Even now on CoD you sometimes see it and sometimes you don't. I think it just depends on how quickly it finds a server. No DNS doesn't affect gaming.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7