× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Geo filter or VPN

Clydefrog
Aspirant

Geo filter or VPN

Hello,

I want to buy the nighthawk xr1000.

I need to play a call of duty title that no longer has servers on xbox in my country. 

If I change the geo filter home to say USA, could I join USA lobbies to play the game ? Or do I need a VPN - I note hybrid VPN is not available on the newest router model. 

Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Geo filter or VPN

As long as the ping to the US servers isn't too high you could definitely do that. Also, HybridVPN is coming to the XR1000 in the next update.

Message 2 of 4
Clydefrog
Aspirant

Thank you ! One last question, this is for an xbox, does the XR1000 allow for easy port forwarding and open Nat type ? I tried to do this with my TP link (only an ISP provided one) and no matter what I did I could not get internet connection to the xbox gave it away in the end. 

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yes, it should all be done automatically with UPNP so you shouldn't need to worry about it. If you do have any issues though it's pretty easy to setup manually so we could certainly help you with that.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7