× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Geo-filter question! Xr700

Alewi
Apprentice

Geo-filter question! Xr700

Greetings netgear community,
I am playing efootball 2022 and they claimed, that they are using dedicated server now for matchmaking, unlike the old Pro evolution soccer versions wich use peer 2 peer for matchmaking! In the Geo-filter, I don't see that I am connected to any server( there is no server icon). I just see the players icons whom I am playing against, so for me it is still peer 2 peer! Do you have any information considering that?
Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Probably not lying, they may be keeping P2P open if you're unable to connect to a server for some reason e.g. if you're blocking it with the Geo-Filter

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 15

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I suspect the server is misclassified as a player on the map, if you ping it, what does the domain name say?
Message 2 of 15
Alewi
Apprentice

Hi fraser,
Thanks for the fast feedback as usual of you.
Every time I got connected to a different player, I got a deferent domain.
Message 3 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide one for an example? It may be different servers you're connecting to or simply it may be that they have not yet rolled out dedicated servers to all regions
Message 4 of 15
Alewi
Apprentice

I thought that i might be connecting to a different servers, but as I played more, there are a lot of domains. I took screen shot for one exampleo will attach it. The ping to the person i play against is 4ms( there is no chance that i will get that low ping to a server! They said that they already using the client server for matchmaking ( i will attach a screen shot for that)
Message 5 of 15
Alewi
Apprentice

Message 6 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for that, I converted the ID to an IP and looked that up, it is a peer connection in Germany so definitely not a server!
Message 7 of 15
Alewi
Apprentice

Just to be sure... is client- server system the same as dedicated server? In other word, in warzone they use dedicated server, so is it client server system? I know it is the same, just asking to be sure.
Message 8 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's right - you (the client) connects to the server
Message 9 of 15
Alewi
Apprentice

In other words, they are lying! I will contact their support team and see what they will answer! If you are interested, keep this thread open and I will update it with their answer.
Message 10 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Probably not lying, they may be keeping P2P open if you're unable to connect to a server for some reason e.g. if you're blocking it with the Geo-Filter
Message 11 of 15
Alewi
Apprentice

After a lot of back and forth and a lot of pure nonsense of konami support team, they said...yes they are using dedicated server! Which i can't believe it, cuz that what I experience and see.
Message 12 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Provide another ID when you're playing and I can check to see if it is a server
Message 13 of 15
Alewi
Apprentice

I can do that on the second of June, cuz they are doing a massive server maintenance from 29/05 until the 02/06! ( typical konami).
But more likely as you said... they are using kind of mixed matchmaking system with dedicated and peer to peer, but they don't announce it. In case they really use dedicated servers now, would netduma be able to add the servers to the ping heat map in os3.0?
Message 14 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes we could definitely do that!
Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7