× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Geo filter stopped populating servers

Ketch_xxii
Initiate

Geo filter stopped populating servers

Hello,

I hope this goes to the right place, but my router was working fine and i had an issue where every time it rebooted it would reset to factory defaults. After months of racking my brain i think i finally figured it out and it was due to being plugged into a surge protector. While it was operating everything within operated as normal. Now that i have figured it out i did a full factory reset and set it up again , initially i had an issue where very few devices would connect via ethernet including my ps4, kept telling me "could not obtain ip address" it also did this with my wifi on several devices , i do have a 5 port switch within my system and when i reset that it seems it fixed most items plugged into that and then my wifi started working as well. My ps4 is connected directly into the back of the router (not on any switch etc) and even after everything was working it still would not connect so i went into devices and deleted it , turned my ps4 off and back on then waited for it to repopulate then redid my internet configuration on the ps4 and everything worked. Since when i go into my geo filter i set it up again same way as i always had it except now nothing is populating  server wise , i mean the map is just empty all the time , i don't have any issue connecting to games within modern warfare and the weird part is i can also join party chats as to where previously i had to go into spectating mode , and then find the servers and allow them.

What would be causing my geo filter to not populate? even my dedicated server i always run out of dallas isn't showing up, i mean absolutely nothing.....Any help? below is also a screen shot of what i see and this was done while in a lobby

Any assistance is greatly appreciated 

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Geo filter stopped populating servers

Please follow these steps and see if that resolves it:
1. Hard turn off the console - hold the power button until it turns off (it should beep twice)
2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
3. Flush the cloud from the Geo-Filter Map options
4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
5. Make any Geo-Filter changes you need to
6. Boot up the console and game

If it still isn't working, have you made any port changes for the PS4?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please follow these steps and see if that resolves it:
1. Hard turn off the console - hold the power button until it turns off (it should beep twice)
2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
3. Flush the cloud from the Geo-Filter Map options
4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
5. Make any Geo-Filter changes you need to
6. Boot up the console and game

If it still isn't working, have you made any port changes for the PS4?
Message 2 of 3
Ketch_xxii
Initiate

Hello,

Thanks for the reply...that didn’t fix it initially it may have been part of it , I went back after that and removed my PS4 from the device list , rebooted the router and then let it reassign a new IP to my PS4 and then re added it to my geo filter and it seems to be working now. Not sure if it had something to do with the previous issues I was having and somehow that “couldn’t obtain ip address” caused a fault somewhere but after I did these things including what you sent all is well. Thanks for your help!! Issue resolved for now...
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7