× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Geofilter doesn't work at all in Street Fighter on Steam

hotpeppershrmp
Aspirant

Geofilter doesn't work at all in Street Fighter on Steam

In the router settings, I set my PC to Console, and I left all the options for tighter restrictions turned on.

However, visually, users outside the geofilter map continue to connect,

It even matches the user who just blocked access.

This was seen in casual matches.

I thought this expensive router would work well in ranked matches with a large user pool,

I feel completely deceived now.
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Geofilter doesn't work at all in Street Fighter on Steam

The reason you're connecting to players outside of your radius is because you have ping assist set to 40. Could you please try setting ping assist to 0, reboot the game and try again. You should now only be matched with players inside your search radius.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm not sure if we've specifically tested the game but can you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page showing what you see when you get a game outside the radius please?
Message 2 of 6
hotpeppershrmp
Aspirant

(PIC 1) This is my current setting

(PIC 2) This situation is connected with the other party regardless of Ping Assist. (The SFV client has matched this user to me and confirmed acceptance.)

(PIC 3, 4) This is a situation connected with a user outside the geofilter range.

Similarly, the SFV client asks if you want to accept the game with that user through settings.

However, in order not to meet users outside the range, you have to check through Duma OS.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The reason you're connecting to players outside of your radius is because you have ping assist set to 40. Could you please try setting ping assist to 0, reboot the game and try again. You should now only be matched with players inside your search radius.

Message 4 of 6
hotpeppershrmp
Aspirant

So, in what situations is the Ping Assist feature most effective?

Are there any recommended usage environments?

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Actually the main reason likely alongside ping assist is that you have fast search enabled - this can ignore Ping Assist to get you a faster game. Turn this off first, then try, if it continues lower Ping Assist to 30/35.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7