× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Geofilter not working

Cayde-6
Tutor

Geofilter not working

I don't know what happened, it worked perfectly until now.

I've tried everything:

• Changed the ping position
  • Removed and added again the devices 
  • Updated to the latest version (V2.3.2.114) and returned to V2.3.2.108
  • Tried to activate the Strict mode
  • Turn off and on the router
  • Factory reset the router

Also, after the factory reset, i've got another problem.
I can't allow myself. Instead of appearing my ISP, it appears another thing called "in-addr.arpa".

I have no idea of how to resolve this problem, i need help!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What's the problem exactly that you're unable to filter games? What game are you trying to play? You're not able to allow yourself as you don't appear on the Geo-Filter
Message 2 of 8
Cayde-6
Tutor

Destiny 2 but i've recentely saw on another thread that you guys are planning to release a workaround maybe next week.

I love what you guys are doing, i appreciate a lot.

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes Destiny has changed their matchmaking system so it no longer works like it did. Not a workaround no but a cloud update so you should be able to filter servers like most games.
Message 4 of 8
TimboSlice1967
Aspirant

Have same issues with COD, live in uk.. always playing against french, german or spanish players who have massive advantages.. especially french. Changed my location to central USA still getting same lobbies! Playing on PS5, have super fast broadband, wired connections… paid s fortune for this set up and just cannot get it to work for me. Running latest software and everything…. Doesn’t matter what time i play, i get shot first, QOS is just as bad, have everything biased towards PS5, daughter streams from YouTube and I’m dead!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can't influence what players join your games, just the server you connect to. It sounds like you probably have Ping Assist enabled, set that to 0 and you can force servers properly. Gaming doesn't require much bandwidth so using Bandwidth Allocation won't help - Anti-Bufferbloat and Traffic Prioritization will prevent you from lagging when other devices are being used.
Message 6 of 8
TimboSlice1967
Aspirant

Bandwidth allocation is set to 64 on download, 33 on upload to my ps5.  Congestion control is 70 and 51, Ping assist is off, Filtering on at 1000km, cant find bufferbloat...

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Anti-Bufferbloat was the old name for Congestion Control, what do you have set for Traffic Prioritization? What are your bandwidth speeds? What is the model of the modem the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR? Provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter showing you getting a game in EU when set for the US and we can see what is happening
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7