× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Geofiltering Blank

carchd
Aspirant

Geofiltering Blank

Hi, I am currently running 2.2.0.4. When I matchmake in Destiny 2 (PC) I am showing nothing on my geofiltering page, completely blank. I have not tried any other games. Because D2 is peer to peer I figured it would work best .I added my PC, chose Destiny 2 PC Profile. Help please

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi - Destiny 2 runs on a hybrid system, sometimes using Dedicated Servers and sometimes Peer to Peer. Do you ever see icons appearing on the map, or is it blank all the time? Please try the steps below:

1. Go to Device Manager
2. Click on your gaming PC on the network map
3. On the device details panel that opens, change the device type from PC to PS4
4. Click Save
5. Go to Geo-filter
6. Delete your PC from the Device panel at the top, and then re-add it
7. This time it won’t ask for a service, and will instead be added automatically with ‘console’ as the service
8. You then MUST change the mode to spectating mode. Do not leave it in filtering mode as it will prevent you from joining games and using the Internet
9. Now try playing Destiny 2. Does the server appear this time? 

Message 2 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Just to be clear (and correct myself) Destiny 2 on PC should be fully compatible with Filtering Mode. I just want to see if you can get the icons to appear on Spectating Mode first before we switch back to Filtering Mode 🙂

Please let us know how it goes!

Message 3 of 6
carchd
Aspirant

Spectating mode did show peers. Many outside of my selected radius unfortunately. Strict is checked.

Message 4 of 6
carchd
Aspirant

Filtering works as well and seems to be blocking those outside the radius. Thanks. Maybe should fix that? I would never think to list my PC as a filthy console 🙂

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that works, thanks for letting us know! It should be a case of updating the Destiny 2 service on our end. You shouldn't have any issues with it listed as a console. Happy gaming!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7