× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Geolocation

Wyzfar
Aspirant

Geolocation

Capture.JPG

(Note Picture is a photo of the servers i came accross when loading up the game ) Hello There so today i am wondering if when i setup geolocation for my ps4 if this will have an affect, so i play competitive call of duty the current one (Call of Duty Black ops 4) i play matches for money through a site you get a match and then invite the opponents or vice versa to a custom match (private match) so whoever is Host is Hosting that match theres no way of getting around that, but there are call of duty servers! so i am wondering if i setup geolocation and put on strict mode will it filter out the nearest call of duty server resulting in better bullet reg and ping etc, 

Example- No Geolocation : California Host 60+ Ping 

Example -Geolocation : Same California Host with Nearest CoD Server -Lower Ping ????

Also when i enable strict mode and spectaing mode do these cancel eachother out or does Strict mode still find the nearest Server and stillallow people out of radius into the match ?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Wyzfar
Aspirant

So this is just to clear up some possible confusion,
When in custom games the host is obviously the host which can result in good or bad ping, there isn’t anything to do about this atleast I thin ) I am wondering if when the host is for example from California so ping is roughly around 60-80 ping without geolocation, so I am wondering if I setup geolocation to use the nearest cod server on that same exact California host will this result in lower ping and how do I get it setup to where it finds the nearest/best server for me but also allows other people to join my game when I host and there outside of that radius
Message 2 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi there,

All understood. To force the host to be a certain location, you must be the party leader. Otherwise the game could choose a server location outside of your range which will mean you get booted from the game

Spectating Mode will completely disable the filtering - so if you have it in this mode you won't be able to filter out any servers.

I recommend you enable Filtering Mode and keep the Geo-Filter radius over the server region you want. Then boot up BO4.

Then try to make sure you are the party leader where possible. If not possible, switch back to spectating mode so you don't get booted out at the start of the game.

Good luck with the wagers!

Message 3 of 5
Wyzfar
Aspirant

Custom matches / private games run on a PtP (Peer to peer connection thus meaning that geolocation will be completely useless right? since whoever is lobby host is the connection we’re running off of, but there is cod servers I just don’t know if those have any use in custom matches since it’s peer to peer and idk why they would have multiplayer public matches dedicated and not custom games, that being said with peer to peer connections is there anything I can do to get the lowest ping
Message 4 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I could be wrong about this as I've personally not tested it, but I assumed that custom matches still used servers. But if they don't and it's just P2P, with player hosts, then you're correct. The Geo-Filter's Filtering Mode would not be able to force a different host.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7