× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Getting dropped at launch of games (xr500) playstation 4

jtrams
Initiate

Getting dropped at launch of games (xr500) playstation 4

When loading into games ( nhl19 eashl ) and (gta5) I get into lobby and while game is being launched i get dropped out while the rest of my friends get into game! Please help. Didnt have this problem before i bought this router.
Message 1 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: Getting dropped at launch of games (xr500) playstation 4

Hi there - this could be how you have set the Geo-Filter up. Did you add your console and set it to filter?

If so, what may be happening is you are blocking a server outside of your range, but because you are not the party leader / your friends don't have a Geo-Filter, they're still connecting.

So when playing with friends, you may want to switch the Geo-Filter to spectating mode so you don't block any servers. Or you could try being the party leader, and you might be able to guarantee a good server for you and all your friends. This approach works well in a game like Call of Duty, but I'm not so sure for the games you mentioned.

Message 2 of 3
jtrams
Initiate

Re: Getting dropped at launch of games (xr500) playstation 4

Thank you for responding. I have my ps4 connected to the geo filter and what you said makes since, I'll try that. I only had distance set up to about 700 miles, I doubled that now but haven't had a chance to try it. I'll know tonight and let ya know. Thanks again.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7