× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gig wifi normal speeds wired speeds slow

Ahnubys-
Aspirant

Gig wifi normal speeds wired speeds slow

Hi there my xr1000 with gigabit internet I'm getting around 600-800 mbps over wifi on my smartphones but over a wired connection to ps5 I'm only getting around 150-200 mbps previous to this router I was using a rental from cox with 500 mbps internet and was receiving 300-400 mbps wired and wifi.
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Gig wifi normal speeds wired speeds slow

Sorry to hear this!

Have you tried a different ethernet cable to the PS5?

Do you have QoS configured? If so, do you see an increase in speeds if you disable this from the three-line menu in Congestion Control?

Message 2 of 6
Ahnubys-
Aspirant

I've tried a several cables cat6 and cat5e also have had qos on and off speeds change a bit when off but still roughly 200 mbps either way I've been leaving it off because my phones get over 600 with it off on they are around 100 when I try wifi on the ps5 I get a strict nat type (type 3) and only get about 160 mbps to maybe 200 mbps
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Is the PS5 the only device that's getting low speeds from the XR or are all wired devices experiencing this?

What is the exact make and model of the modem the XR is connected to?

Message 4 of 6
Ahnubys-
Aspirant

The xr is connected to a cm1000v2 and I have tested my ps4 and ps5 both are getting roughly same speeds I can't test a pc because the only thing I have is an old laptop that can recieve 100 mbps
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Right OK thanks for checking that, I just wanted to know if it was a pure modem or a modem/router, but that answers that.

Could you please go to the WAN settings of the XR and change NAT filtering to Open? Then retest the consoles and see if you have an open NAT type and if the speeds are better.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7