× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: HMA VPN

Nightfall1293
Aspirant

HMA VPN

So I have HMA vpn and I have it setup and it says connected and everything works great, when I run a leak test on mydesktop after adding my desktop to the devices in the hybrid vpn it comes back as the vpn location and ip so all is good there. However, when I add my Xbox One to the device list and run an ip leak on the xbox it comes back to my actual ip and location so it is not working properly. I even tried to hard restart my xbox and also disconnect it from the wifi and reconnect it and still the same thing. I even tried pulling the ip of my xbox using an ip puller while in a part chat and it is still pulling my actual ip. Is there anyway to get the vpn to work on the xbox?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How have you added the Xbox to the VPN? It should be added with the Do NOT VPN these services option and it should be greyed out, is that the case?
Message 2 of 8
Nightfall1293
Aspirant

Yes and after several tests I've figured out 2 things. 1. I can still easily get the ip using an ip puller and 2. It has a DNS leak, which I am assuming is allowing 1 to happen. The leak also occurs on all other devices like my desktop as well.
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That is something we're aware of and are working on. In the router DNS Settings give it the DNS of the VPN server and that should resolve it in the meantime.
Message 4 of 8
Nightfall1293
Aspirant

How would I get the dns of the vpn? And what is that under in the router settings to cha ge the dns is it the internet setup primary and secondary dns?
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You would need to contact HMA, they should be able to provide you with that information.
Message 6 of 8
Nightfall1293
Aspirant

And where would I put the dns at? Is it where I said in the previous post? Will I need a secondary as well?
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry my apologies I thought I answered that. Yes that's the correct place to input it. Secondary isn't essential but if they give it to you then include it.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7