× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: HYBRID VPN XR1000 Any Update?

W1ZZK1D12
Aspirant

HYBRID VPN XR1000 Any Update?

I've seen a couple posts on this already but they seem to be quite old. Is there any update whether this will make it into the next update? If not I'm going to return this router and get XR500 again

Message 1 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Though I don't see any mention of it, have you tried this new version? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-64-R...

Message 2 of 35
W1ZZK1D12
Aspirant

Yes, the router updated to this version and its still not added. How could it be that their newest flagship doesn't have this feature? Arguably less than their previous flagships. This is a miss on Netgear's part. Obviously NetDuma can have it ready ASAP.

Message 3 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yeah Hybrid VPN will be in the next XR1000 update, you can keep up-to-date with the latest progress for firmware on all routers here:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

Message 4 of 35
W1ZZK1D12
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply! Any idea roughly when that will be?

Message 5 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I don't have an ETA for it as yet, we're still working on it I'm afraid.

Message 6 of 35
W1ZZK1D12
Aspirant

any update now?

Message 7 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Keep an eye on the firmware progress page linked about, we update that weekly with any changes - nothing yet
Message 8 of 35
KingTairon
Aspirant

I too am waiting for this setting (Hybrid VPN) was very disappointed to see it not be a feature on this router.

Message 9 of 35
W1ZZK1D12
Aspirant

You guys really need to do something about this. This is pathetic. If necessary show this message to the netgear team. I want my money back on this router if i cant get HybridVPN ASAP. What is the problem? I don't get it!?

Message 10 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Testing has been completed so it's over to NG now so hopefully it shouldn't be too long until the update is available.
Message 11 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

It would be nice if they can update the firmware wich will include the hybrid VPN..
Message 12 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

When will they release the update with the HybridVPN option on the Netgear Nighthawk XR1000??? It's taking so long time...

I know the testing is complete...
Message 13 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Unfortunately we don't know exactly when they plan to release the next firmware. NETGEAR also have a very extensive SQA testing process so it's hard to say from our side I'm afraid.

Message 14 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

Thanks for your reply! I hope they will release it soon.. I am very dissapointed that the xr1000 version doesn't have the HYBRIDVPN option... this is the newest version of the routers so I don't understand it.
Message 15 of 35
Christiaan11
Apprentice

I would also see this included as soon as possible. I assumed that one of the most expensive gaming routers would have this out of the box.. My new network is set-up now and don't want to return it, but very disappointed to learn it was not included. How can we get updates on when this will be released?

Message 16 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Once a full release firmware is released by NETGEAR, your router will upgrade to it automatically as long as your XR is still configured to do so. Otherwise, we'll post any updates we have over on the aforementioned KB article.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

Message 17 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

Really what is wrong with the Netgear team?? So many People want this HybridVPN feature on the router. Is the team on holidays or something else? The testing is complete for almost 3 months now. This must be enough to develop a new firmware for the XR1000 router. I don't want to send always a message on this forum, but this is getting very very annoying.

Yours sincerely,

Met Fox
Message 18 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

To clarify, the article we reference is the testing progress for DumaOS. I.e, all the features that we at Netduma develop. NETGEAR still have their own testing process which, for production firmwares, is very strenuous and granular. We have finished our testing of the firmware but they may not have, hence the delays.

Message 19 of 35
KingTairon
Aspirant

I’ve been checking the status every week for the past 3 months, what is the hold up? I thought this was the flagship router. 🤦🏽‍♂️
Message 20 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

There's a bug, which we first found on the current XR500 firmware, that we've found the root cause of and are now debugging it with NETGEAR. Apologies for the delays, the majority of the testing is passing but this bug is bad enough to where we need to fix it now.

Message 21 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

How long will it take to fix this bug approxiametly? Is this the only problem or are there more problems to fix??
Message 22 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

It's hard to say, it's something that's occurring more on NETGEAR's side of the software so we've given them all information available and they're now working on fixing it. I'm afraid I don't know how long this will take.

As far as I'm aware, all remaining problems are fairly minor so we'll be fixing them in the mean time.

Message 23 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

I hope so!! The community is waiting way too long for this new firmware update!
Message 24 of 35
Christiaan11
Apprentice

Thanks for all the updates Liam. Understand that you don't have a detailed view on what's going on at Netgear side of testing. Is there no one from that Netgear team in this thread? If not would be good to loop someone in here. I'm in general very curious to understand when this release including VPN is coming and what other fixes are part of that release. 

In all honesty I have to say I'm disappointed with my purchase due to all the different bugs (not all duma related) that are still there. I though I bought a flagship router but feels like a beta sometimes. 

Message 25 of 35
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7