× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: HYBRID VPN XR1000 Any Update?

Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I'm not entirely sure at this moment in time, previously there were a couple people from the NETGEAR team who would check through the support forum but I'm not sure how that's changed currently. 

The issue of Hybrid VPN to the XR1000 is a little more complex, there are some very low-level compatibility issues here that have prevented us from getting Hybrid VPN on there sucessfully. We are still working on it when possible, though I don't have any estimate as to when that might come out.

Message 26 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

Are you guys still working on it?? Can someone from the netgear team give us some more information about the new firmware update PLEASE?

We are waiting more than a year without knowing anything. It would be appreciated if someone from the netgear team can react to these answers.
Message 27 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I can understand that, I'll speak with the team and get the question raised in the next meeting!

Message 28 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

When is the next meeting? Still no updates for the xr1000 this is getting more and more hilarious.
Message 29 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm not certain but it may be next week. I know getting an update out for the 1000 is a priority.
Message 30 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

And do you guys know more about the firmware update??
Message 31 of 35
Christiaan11
Apprentice

I gave up on this router already 😞
Message 32 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

There's been some complications with the XR1000 recently, hence why there's been a delay. We've been working on a really tight deadline to get a new firmware prepared for it so hopefully it won't be much longer before NETGEAR can release one.

Message 33 of 35
MetFox123
Guide

Was there a meeting with the netgear crew?? Are there any news/updates. Can they react to us on this forum?
Message 34 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We do have meetings with them yes. We can't say too much more than is posted here: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress but as you can see there, everything on our side is done now, it's going through their testing and assuming that's all fine it will be released. They don't tend to reply on this forum as it's a community based forum and they have their ticket system for official support.
Message 35 of 35
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7