× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Has the XR700 been discontinued?

kos-mos
Follower

Has the XR700 been discontinued?

I was just wondering if the XR700 been discontinued?

Message 1 of 9
gycuk1
Apprentice

Re: Has the XR700 been discontinued?

Yes it has,

My personal view is the xr700 is over powered even compaired to the xr1000. so if Dumas/netgear release 3.0 the xr700 will light up. Before when i said the flagship router (before xr1000 was anounced) had been dropped quite by Netgear i was shot down and then the XR1000 came out so looks like xr500/xr1000. BUT for me the XR700 kicks both butts

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

THe XR700 is sold out. Has not been discontinued:

https://www.netgear.com/gaming/#product-block

NG still develops for it as well. 

Can find XR700 from online retailors still.

@kos-mos wrote:

Message 3 of 9
gycuk1
Apprentice

Just to add i belive Australia were one of the 1st countrys to get the xr700 so.... 1st to sell out

https://www.devicedeal.com.au/netgear-nighthawk-pro-gaming-wifi-router.-ad7200-d

and it says discontinued

Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As far as I am aware, once stock has sold out it will no longer be available to purchase.
Message 5 of 9
gycuk1
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
As far as I am aware, once stock has sold out it will no longer be available to purchase.

because the xr700 made the xr1000 rubbish. and netgear couldnt have that

In my mind the xr700 should be the xr1000 but for the build price netgear wanted it wasnt done. the XR700 is on the edge business . I also think the xr700 has caused a head ach for Netgear because of the hardware in it and thats why the xr700 Still has no 3.0.

Come on Fraser thats why Netgear have dropped it and now the xr500 / XR1000 are the routers looks nice on paper aswell why pick xr700 as your flagship XR1000 looks better nice round number

Message 6 of 9
gycuk1
Apprentice

They will have supplies for failures but they are not making anymore pyshical Units

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Thats from the retailor. Not from NG. 

Message 7 of 9
gycuk1
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

THe XR700 is sold out. Has not been discontinued:

https://www.netgear.com/gaming/#product-block

NG still develops for it as well. 

Can find XR700 from online retailors still.

@kos-mos wrote:

I am also not sure what the link you have posted has to do with anything as the XR700 is not listed under the products. the only ref to the XR700 is

Anti - buffer bloat” (ABB) creates an express lane for gaming traffic. Using ABB and the XR700’s quad. These features combined

Only cause NG website people are sloppy and havnt removed the refernce to to as the router picture is the XR500

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting, the XR450 and XR700 were seen on that page. Now both are missing. I guess someone is paying attention to this thread. 

Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7