× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Having Geofiltering Issues

JustRecoil
Tutor

Having Geofiltering Issues

Hi there several games now im trying to use geofilter , now the issue is im having its not showing any sign of ping or connection to peer to peer pings or even server ping this being based on pc game play, PUBG , Destiny 2 , Fortnite , Overwatch 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi there - could you do these steps to fix your problem:

1. Double check you have definitely added your PC to the Geo-Filter. If you have connected both wired and wirelessly to your router on the same PC it can sometimes appear on your Device Manager twice, so it’s possible you accidentally have the offline version added. Simplest way to fix this is to go the Device Manager and rename your online Gaming PC to something unique. Then go back to Geo-Filter and double check that this is the same device you added in the top panel.

2. With the correct device added you need to choose the correct service. For example, Fortnite uses the Unreal Engine. Make sure you are doing this for each game

3. An alternative option is to go to the Device Manager and change your Gaming PC to the device type ‘Xbox One’. Go back to the Geo-filter and remove your PC from the device list and then re add it. It will immediately be added with the ‘Console’ service, which covers all games so everything should appear from now on.

Let us know if you’re still having problems after trying these steps.
Message 2 of 7
JustRecoil
Tutor

ok im up to solution 3 changed my pc to console and will let you know , as for the other 2 i dont have wireless in my pc and you can only add a certain amount of things to geo filter.

Message 3 of 7
JustRecoil
Tutor

Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.29 - 13.34.48.62.pngDesktop Screenshot 2018.07.29 - 13.34.50.95.png

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ensure IP of your device is the same as it is on the Device Manager otherwise you may be adding the wrong one. Once you're sure you've got the right one and have added it then flush the cloud from the Geo-Filters Map settings
Message 5 of 7
JustRecoil
Tutor

Yes my ip on the dashboard for my pc is the same as i typed in cmd ipconfig and they read the same 

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Flush the cloud and that should resolve it
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7