× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help choosing a router

Brandon98
Aspirant

Help choosing a router

Hi there people of the Netgear community,

I need some advice as i am very new to networking and routers and stuff like that.

I was looking at some Routers and can someone help me find one that fits my purpose.

I need it to;

Be good for gaming and help prevent lag issues and bad Latency.

It needs to have the Nighthawk app

To be able to change the bandwidth on each devices

Maybe require the parental control too if possible,

Thank you,

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Help choosing a router

Hi Brandon, you're in the right place. The XR500 is the best router for gaming to help eliminate latency/lag as much as possible. As there are features not found on other routers not everything will be able to be configured from the Nighthawk app. What is it you'd want to configure specifically? You can change bandwidth for each device on the XR500. It has the parental control style settings in the form of block sites/services/devices, schedule internet shutdown.
Message 2 of 4
Brandon98
Aspirant

Hi,

I just want to be able to have,

Better wireless signal as wireless signal isnt the greatest (This is only a minor thing as the only thing wireless is a couple of phones.

To be able to change the bandwidth on each devices.

Monitor network traffic (Potentially?)

Help with lag issues.

Nighthawk app.

Parental control.

At the moment i dont really want to configure anything i do this when i start to try a few things and mess around with its configuring options.

But yeah any suggestions on a router to go for is great.

I think the XR500 is a little out of price range but can afford it over some time.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

The XR500 has all of those features you are looking for, but obviously more than understand if it's not within your budget right now.

Regarding monitoring, you may want to have a look at this video which shows the XR500's Network Monitor tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A828T-j7Fks

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7