× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help, the XR700 upgrade version cannot be online

zouguanmin
Tutor

Help, the XR700 upgrade version cannot be online

XR700 original version 1.0.1.20 Everything is normal but the upgrade is 1.0.1.38, it is normal but the next day, it is not possible to go to the original 1.0.1.20. It is not possible to brush various versions to recovery the factory settings cannot be DHCP. Successful connection but unable to connect to the Internet with AP mode computer can not access the mobile phone can not router mode.thanks help

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 43

Accepted Solutions
zouguanmin
Tutor

omg,router no work again i didn't do anything today in the noon time router no work u can see the picture same yesterday no work

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 43

All Replies

@zouguanmin wrote:

XR700 original version 1.0.1.20 Everything is normal but the upgrade is 1.0.1.38, it is normal but the next day, it is not possible to go to the original 1.0.1.20.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Gaming routers have their own DumaOS operating system that is nothing like the one on Netgear's standard routers.

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 43
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry can you clarify the issue you're having? It's hard to understand the exact problem from what you've written so far
Message 3 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

The problem is that the router cannot access the Internet after I upgrade, even if I roll back the version and restore the factory settings.
Message 4 of 43
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you factory reset after the update? That is recommended after an update. Also what is your ISP modem/router?
Message 5 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

i did factory reset after updates i use isp modem,router dhcp is connect but Internet is unconnect
Message 6 of 43
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the ISP modem model? Do you see a WAN IP on the System Information page of the XR? Do you know whether you require PPPoE, VLAN etc for a connection?
Message 7 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

thanks for help today i did factory reset 2-3time now router is work ,yesterday i had factory reset many time but the router is no work, it's really strange
Message 8 of 43
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, thanks for letting us know, that is strange.

If you run into any other issues please do get back to us and we'd be happy to help.

Message 9 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

omg,router no work again i didn't do anything today in the noon time router no work u can see the picture same yesterday no work
Message 10 of 43

@zouguanmin wrote:

I am not surprised.

I meant to suggest earlier that you should answer this question from @Netduma-Fraser 

Also what is your ISP modem/router?

It is a standard debugging question.

That's because the behaviour you experience may be down to the dreaded "two routers" disease.

We can't rule that out without that important bit of extra information.

Message 11 of 43
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

From the picture in your other topic it does say you have an internet connection and you wouldn't be able to get that IP if you didn't. Is it just that place where it says you don't have internet? Can you access websites for example?

Message 12 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

Yes i had an Internet contact but it can't access websites for example is fail
Message 13 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

U see the machine led is normal
Message 14 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

and I can sure my home Internet is fine i use other router is work, xr700 is no work
Message 15 of 43
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah the internet appears fine there. Do any of your devices connected to the router work? On a PC connected to the router open command prompt, type ipconfig and press enter then post the results. Also in the same window type ping 8.8.8.8 -n 10 press enter then post the results.
Message 16 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

When i ping. 8. 8. 8. 8 -n 10 is connection timeout , use other router is reply byte 32 time 12ms ttl 116
Message 17 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

This chinese computer the mean is media has been disconnected, i use other rouer is same display
Message 18 of 43
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Upgrade to the 3.0 beta version, then do a factory reset once it is complete and see if you get the same issue: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/XR700-DumaOS-3-0-Beta-Firmware/td-p... if you don't then we'll have some extra things we can try on that version to see whether the router is getting internet but not passing on to devices.
Message 19 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

It's work again hope it will continue, sign
Message 20 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

if this router tomorrow no work again same last day , what should i do?
Message 21 of 43
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you on the beta version currently? If so can you do a Connection Benchmark test please and provide a screenshot of the results?
Message 22 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

is update bate version and router is work now, i mean if tomorrow router no work again same yesterday, what should i do next
Message 23 of 43
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ahh I see, if it happens again do the Benchmark test as mentioned and post the results please.
Message 24 of 43
zouguanmin
Tutor

the router is no work again same before what should i do
Message 25 of 43
Discussion stats
  • 42 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7