× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help with tweaking my QOS Bufferbloat Ping.

moose1111
Tutor

Help with tweaking my QOS Bufferbloat Ping.

Everthing is set 1000 up and 1000 down from verizon Fios. I do have both slider at 70%. Also I have my Sony TV AND Gaming PC Bandith set to 50 both up and download. Everthing else is set as should be thanks to You Tube. lol. Anyways with MY OCD I would like to get my pings especially Bufferbloat ping lower which results are fro DSL Reports. As of my last results are as follows. Download 494.6 and upload is 494,2 OVERALL Is an A+ Quality is an A+ and BUFFERBLOAT IS  AN A I know which is good but when i click on the  Shar Results these are the results.

IDEL hIGHEST PING 8MS AND LOWEST IS 4MS

Download is  HIGHEST 16MS LOWEST IS 13MS I FEEL is high again might be OCD. LOL

UPLOAD IS HIGHEST IS 14 ms and lowest 13ms, I feel this is to high especially for competive gaming.  

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Help with tweaking my QOS Bufferbloat Ping.

I would not pay attention to DSLReports. Bufferbloat only occurs when your network is saturated. At your speeds and with QoS enabled you will not see this problem. That is not high in the slightest, to give you an idea 5ms is about what you'd get playing on LAN. You have a very good ping, nothing to worry about.
Message 2 of 3
moose1111
Tutor

Re: Help with tweaking my QOS Bufferbloat Ping.

Thank you Sir

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7