× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hi Anybody Using Netgear XR500 To Limit High Ping Players On BF5 ?

dfdfdff34
Follower

Hi Anybody Using Netgear XR500 To Limit High Ping Players On BF5 ?

Hi looking to get one of these again but interested to see if anybody is successfully using Geo Filters to block out high ping players on the terrible German DE Servers in Battlefield 5 On xbox

Has it made a big difference?

I know the netcode is broke in the game still but if I can elimate the High Ping players from OOR it will be a good start

Many Thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Hi Anybody Using Netgear XR500 To Limit High Ping Players On BF5 ?

I haven't tried BF5 myself but if you want advice on specific games, you could try asking on the Netduma forums: forum.netduma.com

Message 2 of 4
Rick6922
Luminary

I'm in the US and I cant use the geofilter with BF5 on xbox1x, if I set it wont let me connect to the server because of higher ping players.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It won't be because of the high ping players that it won't let you join but because the servers that are being blocked. As it is a server based game you cannot control who connects to the server but if you connect to the closest possible server then you will have the advantage over the players who have a higher ping.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7