× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hi

Andybrenn1989
Aspirant

Hi

Hello iv wrote to you guys a million times about my in game experiance with your xr500 I’m doing a test on dsl reports and my bufferbloat is threw the roof (high) and when I do it on ping plotter it’s stable threw most but I’m getting big spikes every now and then like into the 80ms and it also says on the top graph my latency is 108 ms and that’s me pinging google it’s seriously getting on my nerves but in game is seriously lagging out it’s like guys are seeing me a lot sooner than I’m seeing them every time I’m in a gun fight can u guys tell me what is causing this I’m sick of typing email after email to you guys and it’s nothing to do with skill it’s something to do with latency and I can’t seem to fix this it’s seriously getting on my nerves that I have spent a load of money on this Xr 500 and it’s doing nothing for me. You keep telling me to use ping plotter which is only giving me my ping graph it’s obviously not the ping what is my issue here it has to be something else and I think it’s bufferbloat I need soloutions ASAP netgear because right now I think iv wasted 250 pound on your product
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Hi

What modem are you connected to? 

Firmware on your router? 

What speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds do you get directly connected to your modem?

And what speed do you get hardwired into your router? 

Are you gaming over wireless 2.4ghz, 5ghz, or wired? 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Hi

As well as the above questions, what is the average ping you're getting to the game as shown by the Geo-Filter? Have you tried different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages when testing to see what limits spikes the most?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7