× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: High priority traffic not detected PS4

Alvarommb
Guide

High priority traffic not detected PS4

Hi, My XR500 won’t recognize my gaming console (PS4) as high priority traffic, the red dot doesn’t turn off while playing, I’ve try to put ports manually with no luck (3659 udp/tcp) and then (1-65535 udp/tcp), also try adding the gaming console but that also didn’t work, what can I do?

Thanks
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 15
Alvarommb
Guide

Sorry the red dot doesn’t turn ON (not off)
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 15
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are you sure you're adding the correct device? Remember that Ethernet and Wifi connections from the same console will appear as two different devices in DumaOS. Find the correct one and name it something unique.

Message 3 of 15
Alvarommb
Guide

Yes, 100% sure that’s the right device
Message 4 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have QoS disabled under Anti-Bufferbloats options? If so then it would disable that feature so you need it on.
Message 5 of 15
Alvarommb
Guide

At that moment no, but now it’s disable, I get better speed test results when QOS was disable, gonna enable again and test, just to be sure
Message 6 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's expected behaviour. Does your console appear online in the device manager when you are playing? Also double check the IP shown in the device manager with the actual console settings.
Message 7 of 15
Alvarommb
Guide

Yes, my console it’s online in the device manager and same IP too (in the device manager and in my console), I’ve notice that when I do a internet test on my console the red dot turn on, but as soon as it ends the light turn off, start a game like fifa but I don’t see the light come on again
Message 8 of 15
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

So you've got QoS enabled (not disabled) and you've got DumaOS Classified Games enabled (under Traffic Prioritization)

If it still doesn't work, you could add the device to Traffic Prioritization and choose Games Console when it asks what game you're playing.

Message 9 of 15
Alvarommb
Guide

Yes, QOS enable, classified games enable, game console added, double check that’s the one In the device manager with the same IP of my PS4, but it only detect HIgh priority traffic when making a test connection in my PS4, then the red dot turn off and never come up, no matter what game I play, it only detects HPT during speed test
Message 10 of 15
Rick6922
Luminary

what I did on my xbox was went to network settings seen which port it was using, when unchecked dumos classified games, added console, then clicked advanced, then entered the port the xbox was using. I dont know if theres any truth to a couple post I read here , but they said not to check both if only using a console because theres a posabilty it could double prioritize the packets,  I only console game so it was a no brainer for me .

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 11 of 15
Alvarommb
Guide

I will try that to se if it works, thanks
Message 12 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The services cover a wide range of ports 1024 - 65535 so if you try the above method and it works could you let us know the port you're using please.
Message 13 of 15
Alvarommb
Guide

I know PS4 uses 9308 when started, so I will try with that one, but I use 1-66500 before, but let me try
Message 14 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your physical setup as that is very strange, are you using the Hybrid VPN at all?
Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7