× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Higher ping after installing XR1000

EST_Nolan
Aspirant

Higher ping after installing XR1000

I recently replaced my old router with a XR1000 to better my PC connection. I mostly play Warzone and would average around a 50 ping with 39 ping being the lowest during low traffic hours. I also have another PC that would average around the same. After installing the new router, I can only get an average of 70 ping on my PC while the other PC averages 31-39. Tried multiple troubleshooting steps with geo filtering and QOS settings which are currently set at 70% with Always selected. Any suggestions on why only my ping has gotten higher?
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the model of the modem the XR is connected to? Where abouts are you located and where are you forcing servers? What does Ping Heatmap show as the lowest ping servers?
Message 2 of 4
EST_Nolan
Aspirant

Not sure what brand the modem is and the the closest server is 32 ping while the highest im forcing is 52. I am in Texas and I’m forcing two servers in Texas and two in Florida because they have the lowest pings
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does the modem have WiFi? Disable Traffic Prioritization on the QoS page, do both consoles get more of a similar ping?
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7