× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to see all devices

vrspectre
Apprentice

How to see all devices

I have an XR500 and then hardwired at the other end of my house is an X6 extender. I set it up as an AP using the smart setup and it copies the info from my router so my network seemlessly extends. It works great!

In the device manager of the XR500 the devices that are connected to the wifi of the X6 show in offline node. They do have an IP and are online though. When I look at the Connected Devices page of the X6 they show up there. 

How do I see all of the devices on the XR500 device manager in their correct state though? 

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you downgrade to the .32 version of the firmware please and see if the devices show up properly?
Message 2 of 11
vrspectre
Apprentice

Which one? 

If you mean on the xr500 will that undo all my settings? I like my settings. LOL

Message 3 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This one for XR500: https://kb.netgear.com/000060127/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-32 no it won't undo your settings at all.
Message 4 of 11
vrspectre
Apprentice

Here's what I did. 

Downgraded to .32 firmware - No change in symptoms. 

Restarted routers - No change. 

Upgraded to .40 firmware - Now the devices show as connected to the LAN. So the Macbook that's connected to the wifi of the X6 is showing as connected to the LAN on the Device Manager of the XR500. I would have expected it to show up as a wirelss device, not wired. But at least it's show it's online. 

A side effect is that the upgrade wiped out all the names of all my devices when I ugpraded. So now I have to go figure out which device goes with which mac address and relable everything. Annoying but worth it if I can get this working. 

So how can I get my wireless devices on the X6 to show up as Wirelss in device manager? Or is that no possible since to the XR500 the traffice is coming over a lan port. 

Message 5 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Yeah from the XR500's point of view, those connections are entering through the LAN port.

Message 6 of 11
vrspectre
Apprentice

If I used another XR500 as the AP on the other end of the house would it work like I want it to? 

Message 7 of 11
vrspectre
Apprentice

Looks like I spoke to soon. I now have devices showing in device manager as offline, but that are actually online but connected to the X6. 

The only thing I did today was change my wifi password so everything had to reauthenticate. 

Message 8 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I definitely think it is more likely to work correctly on .32, did you do a factory reset once you downgraded to .32 to ensure no legacy issues from .40?
Message 9 of 11
vrspectre
Apprentice

I did not. Doing a factory reset is annoying, but I'll give it a shot in the next coupld of days and let you know. 

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I realise it's not ideal but it should resolve the issue, keep us posted!
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7