× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Hybrid-VPN DNS leaks (still not solved)

EideenS
Aspirant

Hybrid-VPN DNS leaks (still not solved)

Hi all 

I recently purchased the XR500 and I realised afterward that the DNS of this router is leaking 😞

I tried routing my dns requests to Cloudflare servers but I still get dns leaks. 

If I use the desktop app made by my VPN provider the dns leaks go away.  

I also follow the advice from Netduma_Alex "As a temporary measure, you could manually set the DNS server on your device to your VPN provider's server."

However the feedback that I received from my VP provider is

"..we have own DNS for each and every server we have which are pushed automatically to your OpenVPN client whenever you connect to it. The reason why we don't put this information in public is because those are in-tunnel DNS nameservers only and don't work as Public DNS nameservers."

And suggest to use Cloudflare... not a solution

The last firmware has not solved the issue. Any news?

Thanks, Eideen

Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is no news on this at the moment unfortunately. Just trying to think outside the box but perhaps try using the VPN server IP as the DNS address and see if that works.
Message 2 of 4
EideenS
Aspirant

...not so helpulful as this is going to be a nightmare to manage.

As you are planning to release DumaOS 3.0, will this bug/issue be fixed with this major release?

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes this will most likely be fixed in the next version as we are aware of the issue and are keen to resolve it.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7