Discussion stats
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
NetDuma Partner

Re: Hybrid VPN Setup Guide

Oh right, well that's clearly a bug. I'll try and recreate it.

Message 26 of 34
Highlighted
Luminary

In regards to your DNS leak you might want to consider Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) for your primary DNS-see why at the following link: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/dns/what-is-1.1.1.1/. VPN providers will often provide there own DNS server but it usually has a negative impact on performance when installed on the internet setup page of your router. Just a suggestion for the interim.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 27 of 34
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi,

I have it setup and working but my problem is when I turn the vpn on I get double Nat on the Xbox. It’s only when the vpn is on. Not sure what is causing this?

Thanks for your help

Luke.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 28 of 34
Highlighted
NetDuma Partner

Hi Luke, that's down to the VPN, they may block ports that are required for an Open NAT. May be worth looking for a gaming VPN or asking them if they can unblock ports on servers your account uses.
Message 29 of 34
Highlighted
Tutor

Thanks for sharing this information @bacevedo.

Message 30 of 34
Highlighted
Aspirant

Unfortunately here it is over a year later and I just bought a xr500. And it still has DNS leak!
Message 31 of 34
Highlighted
NetDuma Partner

That should be fixed in 3.0. Meanwhile you can change the DNS on the router to the VPN DNS or use a VPN Client if using for the PC.
Message 32 of 34
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have a subscription to HideMyAss vpn and using that for my Hybrid VPN connection.  The only connections I have to Hybrid VPN is 2 PS4's.  When the VPN is on and says connected I can not access any games on the PS4.  When I turn the VPN off I have no issue connecting to games.  Please help !!!

Message 33 of 34
Highlighted
NetDuma Partner

Does it occur on all games you're playing? Are you using the Geo-Filter at the same time?
Message 34 of 34