× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I cannot find coax cable supported nighthawk pro routers.

Interesting001
Aspirant

I cannot find coax cable supported nighthawk pro routers.

I am very interested in becoming a customer but I cannot find a nighthawk router with the features advertised on the xr500 it would be really nice if netgear would make 2 seperate models with the same featured for more than just FioS users for people that live in areas are gigabit internet but no fios only cable providers.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Good luck then. NG has cable modems with routers built in. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
Zeke009
Star

The Nighthawk routers work with service other (DSL/Cable) than FIOS. Where did you see that they were FIOS only?

Message 2 of 6
Hate
Apprentice

I'm not sure if you've read the other threads but this router is NOT WORTH BUYING currently.

There has been NO SUPPORT from either party (Netgear or Netduma) on issues that need an immediate fix; LAN ports drop EVERY morning. 

PingAssist was said to be in production, 9 MONTHS ago, still nothing.

Only 1 VPN Client that they are most likely getting a kickback from, this router is a mess right now.

It has potential to be an amazing router, but this isn't it right now and suggest you look elsewhere.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Most ALL routers work with ISP services. It's where the service unit interface becomes a problem sometimes. I.e. modem/ONT. 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

@Interesting001 wrote:

I am very interested in becoming a customer but I cannot find a nighthawk router with the features advertised on the xr500 it would be really nice if netgear would make 2 seperate models with the same featured for more than just FioS users for people that live in areas are gigabit internet but no fios only cable providers.

Message 4 of 6
Interesting001
Aspirant

Screw all that crap I would rather just buy a router modem with a coax port xD way too much work I am no IT technician just a normal gamer

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good luck then. NG has cable modems with routers built in. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7