× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have a Nighthaw R8000

djallex23
Aspirant

I have a Nighthaw R8000

So recently my internet went off due to a power outtage, I had to have someone come and check and get it fix, but now that I try to log in to my router, it ask two questions that I never used before, and before the person that came to fix it, I had reset it. So i was thinking I was going to be able to input new info. I dont wanna do a reset again because most likely I will have to have my internet company come over to get me going again, and now with all this covid issues, it takes about 2 weeks for them to show up, and I cant afford to be without it. Any suggestions, whats the best thing to do? I have try ramdom answer but I cant log in, I always save my passwords or write them on an specific place. So please if you can help me, i would really really appreciate it. Thank you.

Alex

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: I have a Nighthaw R8000

So the cable guy probably just reset the router when they came over. its why its asking you the questions. the problem is, if the questions were never setup, it still asks them (during password recovery), and there isn't a correct answer because it wasn't setup. 

The good thing is, the R8000 (or R8000P, you put both) are both pretty easy to install. 

There's install guides and even videos that walk you through it. 

For the R8000 its here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r8000.aspx

for the R8000P its here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r8000p.aspx

try looking through the guides, videos to see how its done. You can do it through the app or through logging in through a web browser.

Then try resetting your router and going through it. that way if it happens in the future, you know how to setup a router. 

Message 2 of 5
djallex23
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, but even going thru the recovery process, it wont let me go foward unless the questions are answer, I look thru the links you sent me but I couldnt figure out where to go. I can easily reset the router and that would fix the issue, the problem is that my service provider is not your typical "lets fix it over the phone" type of business, they literally have to send someone over and with everythign going on this days, it takes them up to 10 days, and right now I cant afford to be withouth service, so Im trying to see if there is any way to bypass the questions but no luck yet

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

There's not "a way to bypass the questions". 

If you don't know the answers or there weren't any setup, then it won't work. Its the whole purpose of password protection.

The links I placed have the install guides and manuals. There's even videos.

Setting up a router is pretty easy. go to the links and watch the videos to see how easy it is. 

Message 4 of 5
djallex23
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, yeah I guess when it was set up the messed up on the answers so imma have to have them come and redo a fresh set up again, I wasnt here when the guy set it up, thanks for the info

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7