× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I lag when my modem (arris) is set on bridge and i get my static public address router xr500

Dynaxr500
Guide

I lag when my modem (arris) is set on bridge and i get my static public address router xr500

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: I lag when my modem (arris) is set on bridge and i get my static public address router xr500

If you use the DMZ so it is arris (XR in DMZ) > XR500 then you shouldn't have a double NAT as it has a direct line to the WAN. PS4 NAT Type 2 is open it just means it is behind a router compared to Type 1 which is connected to a modem.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
Dynaxr500
Guide

let me explain a little better first iam connected with cat 6 (device ps4)i have business cable Internet arris. For some reason when my modem is bridged and i get my static ip i lag in every game and my mic is cutting out constantly. when i get a random public address on bridged again i dont lag but i cant share play on my ps4 to get my static ip i have to put the mac address of my gaming router to get random public address i put my ps4 mac address can u pls help me? if its possible can i use my static ip without having lag? thank u. 

Message 2 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the model of your Arris? You pay for a static public IP but sometimes you get a dynamic public IP? That is quite strange. Do you have an Open NAT on the console? Are you using QoS & the Geo-Filter? If so what settings are you using?
Message 3 of 8
Dynaxr500
Guide

The model is tg862. To able to find my static public ip i have to go to internet setup and put the mac address of the router (xr500) when i play any game i have lag spikes i move my character and it drags me back and my mic constantly  cuts off my nat is always open the   geofilter i tryed both spectate and filter. to get a randomly ip i just put the mac address of the ps4 i dont lag but i cant share play on the ps4 the nat is open geofilter filter or spectate. the qos i try it with always and disable but nothing changes when i play with the static ip it always lags and my mic constantly cutting of. 

Message 4 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Take the Arris out of bridge mode and instead put the XR500 WAN IP (found in System Information) into the DMZ on the Arris and disable the Arris WiFi. Use the default MAC address in Internet Setup and apply. Then see how you get on.
Message 5 of 8
Dynaxr500
Guide

thanks for the fast response  i had it like that  and i didn't have any problems but i though that maybe i had double nat thats why i put my modem on bridge if i remove bridge mode i will not have double nat?

Message 6 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you use the DMZ so it is arris (XR in DMZ) > XR500 then you shouldn't have a double NAT as it has a direct line to the WAN. PS4 NAT Type 2 is open it just means it is behind a router compared to Type 1 which is connected to a modem.
Message 7 of 8
Dynaxr500
Guide

I see thank u very much for the help man 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7