× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I'm getting tired of this

Compoza_
Luminary

I'm getting tired of this

The XR500 gaming router dosen't eliminate "shoot first, die first", I have set the congenstion control, portfowarding, still happens. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: I'm getting tired of this

Hey @Compoza_ 

Unfortunately, this issue is one that's very difficult to measure, but a lot of users on our forum (forum.netduma.com) have shared their personal configurations and setups that worked for them. You could check that out if you wanted to!

I can also try to assist, if you could just share a screenshot of your current QoS configuration I can make suggestions as to what needs optimising!

A few other questions:

1. Are all devices on the network connected to the XR500?
  2. Are you using Geo-filter to ensure you're always connected to local, low ping lobbies? Or are you using it to play on more distant servers?
  3. Are you experiencing this same issue in every game, or do you find that you have some good games and some bad games?
Message 2 of 12
Compoza_
Luminary

here is the Qos pictures taken https://imgur.com/a/SbkF1hF

question 1: Yes

question 2: yes, but at the moment, I have disabled it because SBMM in COld War takes longer to find a match, between 10-20 minutes, when I have geo filter enabled.

question 3: yes I experience it in every game, shoot first, die first

Message 3 of 12
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thank you, currently I don't believe QoS will quite have full control over the network. I'd suggest reducing this much further to arond 30-40%, though this will require some trial and error testing.

With Geo-filter disabled, where are the servers you're getting put on? Are they still local? What's the average ping you're getting from these games?

Message 4 of 12
Compoza_
Luminary

Where is the confirmation that anti buffer float is optimised? What do you mean with trial and error? Where can I see when I have set it right?

Message 5 of 12
Compoza_
Luminary

the avarege ping is 50 ms

Message 6 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is no confirmation when it is set up optimally as this is different for every single connection and most people like to go on how the game feels rather than certain ping stats. Trial and error as in trying a percentage, see how it feels in game etc, rinse, repeat. Where are you located roughly and where do you usually try to force games using the Geo-Filter.
Message 7 of 12
Compoza_
Luminary

Then the anti buffer bloat seems pointless because I am not an expert to detect when it is improved. I guess I have to shut it off completely.

Message 8 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You don't need to be an expert, you've mentioned shoot first die first so see what percentage reduces that as much as possible
Message 9 of 12
Compoza_
Luminary

I have set the download and upload speed to 10%, that should eliminate right? I have 500 mb download and upload speed, 500/500mb, I mean it's reserving 450 mb download and upload speed, right? 

Message 10 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The lowest setting isn't always necessarily the best, as suggested I'd recommend you try different percentages and see what feels best to you in game - every connection is different, we can't give a standard percentage that will make for the best connection it differs per person
Message 11 of 12
Compoza_
Luminary

You right! Never thought of that Smiley LOL

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
The lowest setting isn't always necessarily the best, as suggested I'd recommend you try different percentages and see what feels best to you in game - every connection is different, we can't give a standard percentage that will make for the best connection it differs per person

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7