× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I want to buy an XR500 Nighthawk router, How to turn my modem router into only a modem?

n1c0l4s
Aspirant

I want to buy an XR500 Nighthawk router, How to turn my modem router into only a modem?

My actual router Modem is 

DGN3500
N399 Wireless Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router

I want to buy the XR500 Nighthawk router...but I need to set my modem router into only a modem. Can I? I read that I can but how?can you help sir?

What must I set?

Model: DGN3500|Wireless-N DSL Gigabit Modem Router|EOL
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I want to buy an XR500 Nighthawk router, How to turn my modem router into only a modem?

Check the user manual for the modem to see if there is a bridge or NAT mode with in the web pages of the modem. Your modem is end of life so maybe time to upgrade as well. 

Message 2 of 4
n1c0l4s
Aspirant

Rif.: I want to buy an XR500 Nighthawk router, How to turn my modem router into only a modem?

This is a bull**bleep**...I didn't resolve my problem. Who is the idiot who chose as solution the answer of this guy???

INCOMPETENT...I'm really angry now. This is why world suck...because of incompetents..

I'll never come to this community probably ever again. Probably I should write a letter to netgear about how this admin community works and see if they are happy with this.
BYE

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Rif.: I want to buy an XR500 Nighthawk router, How to turn my modem router into only a modem?

I don't see a modem mode but you could put the XR500 into the DGN DMZ instead. You can see how to do this on page 62 of the manual for the DGN here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DGN3500/DGN3500_UM_24Sep12.pdf you would take the WAN IP of the XR500 shown in System Information and put it in the DMZ.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7