× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I wouldn't recommend NG to my worse enemy. lol

Rick6922
Luminary

I wouldn't recommend NG to my worse enemy. lol

let me start this out by saying I'm 51 yo and been buying the latest and greatest for 30 years, I've had noithing but trouble since buying the NH xr700, the fw 's been updated numerous times ,  basicly trying to fix the thing. I no by saying this the trolls will be in full effect. lol  latest problem , QoS keeps crashing, I've got decent high speeds and the only thing laggy on the internet is the NG dashboard if it loads at all. the NG staff on this site has been noithing but helpful. but the products have been noithing but trouble . the modem was suppose to be one of the best when I bought it just over a year ago[cm1000] its not running on the latest FW because according to my ISP,  NG has to send a FW update request form in to get it done and,, well it's been over a year. lol  it's a bad deal when you buy something off this guy and have to deal with a third party to update , that has no insentive to do so. it really sucks this router has so much potenial and hopefuly it will be fix soon. oh yeah, p.s.  I've upgraded to beta FW, done factory resets and so on and so on. if I go back to xr700 og. fw the dashboard lagg is gone and the R-APP's dont crash,  whats the bad in that?  no ping assest and more inportantly less online security .

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 45
-Donovan-
Luminary

I feel you, I'm in the same situation with my XR700.

They recently released a Hot-Fix but many bugs are still there from previous versions. You can find here:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061118/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-18-Hot-Fix

Note: Make sure you perform a factory reset right after you update your firmware.

Message 2 of 45
Rick6922
Luminary

I did all the steps with that beta FW, it didnt work for me. tks. for the reply though.

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter, XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 45
-Donovan-
Luminary

The next step, I suggest you to contact Netgear Support and open a ticket for your issue.

Message 4 of 45
Rick6922
Luminary

yeah, it will be my 4th ticket in a little under a year, talking to someone in a third world country thats making 50 cents an hour, lol

Message 5 of 45
-Donovan-
Luminary

Woah. Did you have to get an addition service plan to get a support help from Netgear?

Message 6 of 45
Rick6922
Luminary

no, I didnt pay extra for extended plan, I already bought the net gear cm1000 modem ,thats running on old fw because ng has to send my isp a fw update request form, which they wont do[been almost a year] and the xr700. theres $1000 gone. there not getting another penny from me. thats a pretty good raket they got going on, extort you for money to get THERE product working,

Message 7 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I know you've made topics before but could you provide a detailed list of the issues you're having and we can see if we can figure them out. Also have you provided feedback in the beta forum? That's important to do if you're having issues on the beta firmware so they can resolve it.
Message 8 of 45
Rick6922
Luminary

no I havn't posted in beta update forum, I will though.  anyways, I've got ok internet speeds , so I no it's not the problem. 452down and 26up. The Duma Os dashboard is laggy , some apps wont load, the QoS crashes all the time. the dashboard is the only thing thats laggy on laptop! I've tried new FW done foctory resets , whole nine yards. the only way I've found to get by the crashing is downgrade to a older FW that doen't have ping assist and online secerity  is not as good. my modem is the NG cm 1000 !

Message 9 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Use an Incognito browser, is it any better after that? If so then it could be browser extensions or cache/cookies causing it.
Message 10 of 45
mxa
Tutor
Tutor

No browser works incognito or not, R-Apps never load.

Message 11 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

mxa if that is the case then you have a weird issue happening as they should all load fine. I'd suggest you make a new topic about it and we can try to figure out the cause there.
Message 12 of 45
TOOMUCHSAUCE
Apprentice

I have the SAME issue with my xr700. Happens on .10 and is worse on the .18 hotfix. None of the tabs load and I get a message about R-apps failing to load, please try again in a minute. The router or the dev team or both are just awful.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NETGEAR ANYTHING. 

Message 13 of 45
Rick6922
Luminary

its not a weird issue, there been numrous post about it and you have commented on most of them!

Message 14 of 45
mxa
Tutor
Tutor

There has never been 1 firmware out for this router since release that has not had some sort of compromise. None of the suggestions for fixes work to get everything working and tbh at this price-point why should I be bending over backwards changing 900 settings to get it to work as advertised. Its pathetic and sad and this thread title says it all, I have moved on to a different router from another company. The xr700 is now my very expensive paperweight.
Message 15 of 45
Hate
Apprentice

Here I am, almost a year later since my last post.

Ever since the latest update (.56) back to having internet issues after so many days. Had my Xbox One on Instant On for almost a year, which they claim shouldn't be working, but after doing so many downgrade/upgrade combinations I had it working flawlessly with Instant On (.40 firmware).

I can finally see this isn't NetDuma's issues as it is NETGEAR. I certainly won't be buying another NETGEAR product again. We are the beta testers because they clearly do NO testing with how many issues are popping up for users.

For everyone that reads this post, do yourself a favor and buy ASUS. It truly is a shame that NetDuma paired with NETGEAR as their software is great but not the manufacturers. 

Message 16 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you joined the XR700 beta forum as their is a new firmware that would hopefully perform better for you
Message 17 of 45
mxa
Tutor
Tutor

R-Apps still dont work with the new beta 1.20 firmware. This is with or without a factory reset (which for some reason takes 30 mins to load the damn setup page after a factory reset)... pathetic

Message 18 of 45
TOOMUCHSAUCE
Apprentice

If true, really pathetic. After 9 months they can't fix an issue with their own router? Something that worked in the 1.0.1.08 release.
I'm going to look I to a class action lawsuit. Have had enough.
Message 19 of 45
FURRYe38
Guru

"This is the process I used to upload the new beta firmware .20 (R-apps load correctly-Safari browser):

Revert all settings to factory default (before the flash)

Upload the new beta firmware .20

Once the flash is complete, again revert all settings to factory default

Try setup with the Nighthawk app or the web interface routerlogin.net

What browser are you using and are you/were you using a VPN (computer based) prior to the flash?"

Message 20 of 45
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you're still getting R-App issues then it is likely a hardware issue as this isn't a very common issue (or if it happens it's usually resolved by a reset) then I would suggest looking at getting the router replaced. Also keep in mind that it is a beta firmware, it's been given to you in order for you to give feedback on how well it works so please make sure to post back in the beta forum detailing what is happening. If you just post here then they may not see it and it may not get resolved as quickly.
Message 21 of 45
Rick6922
Luminary

ok, I dont think its a hardware issue because it

Qos dont crash on eairlier FW and there not laggy at all. like fw v1.o.1.8 , but that was the fw that kept dropping internet. so I've  had this router since it came out. are you saying to buy another $500 router? and whats concendered common? I've read of a few people having the same problem , even with the xr500 on the new fw.-

Message 22 of 45
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

We're not suggesting that you buy another XR500, we're suggesting that you contact Netgear via their official support channels and tell them your product is faulty. Include a link to this thread if nessercary. They will be able to organise a replacement of your hardware.

That said if it's only a problem with the most recent firmware, then that suggests that it's not in fact a hardware problem. Might be worth downgrading for the time being.

Message 23 of 45
Rick6922
Luminary

dude, I don't have a 500, I have a 700. read the posts. lol  which fw should I downgrade too? the v1.o.1.8 fw wasn't stable and caused internet disconnects. is there a way for me too get NG to replace this router? I've had it about a year!

Message 24 of 45
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with NG support via forum moderator to see if there is any thing they can do to help you out with your XR700. It's too spendy of a unit to be having this kind of problem. 

@Christian_R 

What browser are you using with the XR700? Have you tried Opera yet? 

Which platform are you using when you manage the router? Windows or Mac? 

@Rick6922 wrote:

dude, I don't have a 500, I have a 700. read the posts. lol  which fw should I downgrade too? the v1.o.1.8 fw wasn't stable and caused internet disconnects. is there a way for me too get NG to replace this router? I've had it about a year!

Message 25 of 45
Discussion stats
  • 44 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7