× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IKEv2 with MR1100

Felix24343
Aspirant

IKEv2 with MR1100

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had used the MR1100 to connect to VPN on IKEv2? I have had issues connecting to my work VPN using this protocol and wondered if anyone else had this experience?

Can netgear advise if this protocol is supported on this router?

Cheers,

Felix

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5
Felix24343
Aspirant

Re: IKEv2 with MR1100

Hi All,

Further to this I have also tried using my old AC800s and have got the same issue of trying to connect to my work vpn.

I have tried the following with both Modems:

VPN Passthrough

DMZ mode to static IP

My work vpn uses UDP ports 500 and 4500 but I cannot connect.

It cannont find in the web interface anything to make sure these ports are open.

I have been able to use an old huwawei modem and connect fine.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Felix

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sounds like you have a different router to the XR series so would recommend posting in the Nighthawk section: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
Message 3 of 5
Felix24343
Aspirant

Hi Netduma,

I have tried this with two netgear routers:

The Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100

And the Netgear AC800s.

I am wondering if other people have had problems with these two devices and IKEv2 VPN connections?

Cheers,

F

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry I should have been clearer, this section of the community is for the Nighthawk Pro Gaming range of routers - the XR300, XR450, XR500 & XR700. So to get more accurate answers for your issues then posting your questions to the Nighthawk link above would be better.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7