× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IPV6 not working on XR1000

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Keep us posted jeremy!
Message 51 of 63
jeremyg237
Luminary

All,

It did not work. XBOX is back to IPv4 plus moderate and UPNP problem. Once I went offline and back on it changed to IPv4 nat open. Very disapponting at this stage. What ever you did to the XR500 you need to do it to the XR1000. Something is seriously wrong with the modem and IPV6. 

Message 52 of 63
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The team will take a look, thanks for your feedback!
Message 53 of 63
jeremyg237
Luminary

This has been going on for a very long time. Do you think there is going to be a quick fix soon or this is going to take time to fix since it has not been fixed yet. I don't want to be stuck with a router that does not do what I need and want for the price. I believe best buy gives me 30 days to return. This will be the second time I purchased this router. If I return it again it will be the last. 

Message 54 of 63
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Unfortunately we don't know as this is an issue that Netgear will need to resolve, I'd love to be able to give an ETA but there simply isn't an estimate I can give at this time.

Message 55 of 63
Sich
Initiate

Hi,

Same problem here with IPV6.

The router get the good ipv6 prefix.

Those public IPV6 are distributed on the network, with the good gateway (the router public ipv6). I can ping the router ipv6, but I can't go outside, like there is no routing or some firewall on router side that prevent ipv6 packet to go outside...

The problem is not on computer side, as I can contact the router directly with ipv6 without problem.

Finally anyone was able to configure properly ipv6 with the XR1000 ?

Message 56 of 63
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

What firmware version are you running? Netgear released a firmware recently but I don't believe IPV6 is mentioned in the Release notes. I'd certainly still suggest upgrading to it if you haven't already as it's worth a try!

Message 57 of 63
NikciD
Tutor

It's probably not going to work. There's no patch notes concerning IPV6. As a customer and progressively, I have to wonder why Netgear has not addressed such an important feature. This should be a priority fix. However, they are not addressing this "defect". I think you'd have a better chance returning the XR1000. It's unfortunate but true. I went back to my XR 500 because I couldn't locate an XR 700.
Message 58 of 63
Sich
Initiate

It's the last version : XR1000 1.0.0.58_1.0.44

I can propagate the subnet from my ISP on my local device but impossible de reach anything outside my network in ipv6... ipv4 work without problem.

And there are no advanced usage to make more test, check if there are some firewall rules somewhere that could cause issue.... 

It's in time like that, that I'm happy when I can work with real linux device and just use command line to check everything.... But I wanted some "easy setup".... I should just take a good access point and build my own router... 

[EDIT]

I have try to reboot the router, but now it just doesn't get the ipv6 configuration from the ISP (was fine before the reboot)...

Will just wait for the next firmware upgrade....

[/EDIT]

Message 59 of 63
Whiskey8
Guide

Just bought a XR1000 yesterday. Same issue, DumaOS is showing IPv6 but Xbox Series X only getting IPv4 via LAN using DHCP.

Message 60 of 63
NikciD
Tutor

I don't think that Netgear cares about the fact that they have delivered a non- functioning product (pretty much). Many games don't function properly without using ipv6. This router has been out for quite some time and they have yet to fix it.  That says to me that they are not interested in quality or fixing this very important bug. 

Message 61 of 63
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

@Whiskey8 What firmware is the XR1000 running, did it auto-update to the latest? 

If you connect you xbox directly to the modem/router above the XR1000, does it then get IPv6?

Message 62 of 63
Whiskey8
Guide

Thank you for the response. The app checked during setup and I checked again through Duma, both said it was current with 1.0.0.58

Looks like it's good now, might have just taken a bit to propogate. Xbox is now showing both IPv4 and IPv6.

I was getting IPv6 direct from modem and with the router this one replaced, TP-Link Archer 5400. Still not getting the speeds I pay my ISP for but this new Nighthawk is giving me about 20% faster download speeds than the archer was. Upload is weirdly a lot lower via LAN but it's still above what I need.

Message 63 of 63
Discussion stats
  • 62 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7