× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IPv4 Disconnects When Downloading a PS4 Game and a StarCraft 2 Patch at the Same Time

OlegP
Apprentice

IPv4 Disconnects When Downloading a PS4 Game and a StarCraft 2 Patch at the Same Time

This is a very bizarre and very specific bug that I've just encountered with the router. I always have IPv6 set to "Auto Detect," since buying the router and haven't really encountered any significant issues recently besides the weird QOS glitch. Here's the issue in detail:

If I'm downloading a PS4 game and a StarCraft 2 patch (or click "Scan and Repair" under Options) at the same time then in about 3-5 minutes IPv4 will permanently stop functioning on ALL DEVICES connected to the router. I can still get to websites that support IPv6 ie. Google and Yahoo in the browsers, but when I do an IPv6 Test then it tells me that IPv6 works fine but IPv4 is NOT SUPPORTED. I cannot even get to my modem's admin page at 192.168.100.1 when the issue happens. The only way to get IPv4 to work again is to either have the PS4 download or the SC2 update paused and then restart the ROUTER ONLY.

The issue doesn't seem to happen when IPv6 is set to "Disabled."

I can replicate this issue every single freaking damn time. Please forward this to Netgear moderator/admin/whatever. I'm so tired of encountering constant issues with this router since the day I've hooked it up. I've already accepted the fact that this router is complete piece of garbage and waste of my money. Sorry that I'm so rude. If it was a $30 router then I would totally understand but this is a $300 router. Get your $H|T straight Netgear.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: IPv4 Disconnects When Downloading a PS4 Game and a StarCraft 2 Patch at the Same Time

That is quite weird. My guess would be that it doesn't like using IPv6/4 at the same time but @DarrenM can you help please
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7