× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Im looking to buy a wifi router for gaming

EddieMichano
Follower

Im looking to buy a wifi router for gaming

im looking to buy a new router for gaming because my internet rn sucks really bad and im trying to convince my parents to get the xr700 and they think this website is a scam and "its too good to be true" so cna someone please explain all the details about where this comes from and things like that because again they think its a scam

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Im looking to buy a wifi router for gaming

They think what's a scam? 

and a router is only as good as the connection coming in. If you're isp only supplies a 4mbps connection, the router isn't going to make it better. 

What speeds do you pay for?

What speeds do you actually get directly connected to the modem? 

What modem are you using? 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Im looking to buy a wifi router for gaming

What do they think is too good to be true exactly? The router is made my Netgear who is a publicly listed company on the NASDAQ. They have one of the biggest if not the biggest market share percentage when it comes high end routers. You can find Netgear routers reviewed all over the internet. Perhaps if we knew some more information/what they are concerned about we could better put their minds at rest.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7