× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Info about XR500

Pat1977
Tutor

Info about XR500

I BOUGHT A XR500 ROUTER OF EBAY AND THE S/N IS REGISTERED UNDER SOMEONE ELSE EMAIL ADDRESS WHAT CAN I DO it's said contact Netgear support so I sent an email and it also says am in West coast usa but actually live in UK
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We don't recommend accessing the interface via a mobile device as it's not optimised for that. Connect using a PC if possible try routerlogin.net if that doesn't work then use the IP address which is 192.168.1.1, can you access the interface then? What exactly did you change before the issue occurred?

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Pat, I don't work for Netgear specifically so I may be giving incorrect advice, however I would imagine that because it is a used device the warranty does not apply any more. What says West Coast - the region in the router settings? @Christian_R can you help?

Message 2 of 12
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Pat1977 - I'd be happy to assist with support getting in contact with you. Please send me a message with your serial number, email address, and proof of purchase. 

~Christian 

Message 3 of 12
Pat1977
Tutor

Yeh the region where the radar shows what's around you and I don't know how to change it
Message 4 of 12
Pat1977
Tutor

Hi I've had an email saying it's registered under my name now from netgear but I am one of them that's abit what you call it I can do so much with stuff but my region is showing on the radar that it's in West cost usa when am in the UK lol and I don't know how to sort it
Message 5 of 12
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I think you're referring to the Geo-Filter there. Don't worry, that's just the default starting position. Click the little pin icon and then click on the map where you want to move it to.

There's a full setup guide here to help you: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-g...

Message 6 of 12
Pat1977
Tutor

Hi I did the set up and now it won't let me connect to the router even when I did what it asked now I don't know what to do I've even tried to reset it and still the same
Message 7 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We don't recommend accessing the interface via a mobile device as it's not optimised for that. Connect using a PC if possible try routerlogin.net if that doesn't work then use the IP address which is 192.168.1.1, can you access the interface then? What exactly did you change before the issue occurred?
Message 8 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@Pat1977 wrote:
I BOUGHT A XR500 ROUTER OF EBAY AND THE S/N IS REGISTERED UNDER SOMEONE ELSE EMAIL ADDRESS WHAT CAN I DO it's said contact Netgear support so I sent an email and it also says am in West coast usa but actually live in UK

Many problems in one post...

1. There is no email support.
  2. Who says you are in west coast USA?
  3. The correct support channel isn't available if you can't register your new (refurbished? pre-used?) device - that would by via https://my.netgear.com/
  4. If you are in the UK and bought of eBay, what does the product label on the router (and/or the box) say ... XR500-100NAS or XR500-100EUS?
  5. A North-American (FCC/Canada) model can't be re-configured to match UK/European wireless legislation, connection issues are predictable, sophisticated clients like mobiles might not see your wireless signal on some channels.

As @Netduma-Fraser said, Netgear can help with re-association for refurbished units.

Message 9 of 12
Pat1977
Tutor

Thanks for the info and help I've connected now and sorry I've not seen your replys to me before now as I was Ill and couldn't move much
Thanks for all the help from everyone it's been well appreciated
Message 10 of 12
Pat1977
Tutor

Hi it was the geo-filter that said I was in wect coast usa and I didn't know how to change it until someone told me
Thanks for your reply
Message 11 of 12
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

You're welcome 🙂

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements