× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet Dead xr500

Wynie
Follower

Internet Dead xr500

Hey, Why is my internet suddenly gone and led light just turned flat orange. My Chorus ONT fiber box led lights are normally functioning as they should. Its just the router. Tried to reset but to not avail, reboot but still no internet. ISP says there is no outage on my area. Wtf is wrong with my router? This is so frustrating
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Could be a hardware fault. Can you access the router directly by going to 192.168.1.1 (assuming that is still its IP)?

If you can get to the router interface, go to System Information. What does it say about the Internet Status?

Also make sure you reboot your modem and then your router, then swap out Ethernet cables if you have any spares in case something went wrong there.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7