× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet issues with VOD tv service+ Wifi(from mobile phones) + League of legends log in.

Thorfinn
Star

Internet issues with VOD tv service+ Wifi(from mobile phones) + League of legends log in.

Hi,

So not sure how to explain the issue properly.

I will start by saying that I have a very "slow" internet speed available for me and I'm getting around 60mb download and 4-5mb upload.

The ISP have this "phone type" cable coming from the box outside directly to their modem/router in my house. (DLINK -DSL-G256DG) + I also purchased the XR500 (latest frimware)

also I have a TV service (we get channels from the satellite outside) but also have a "VOD" type of service that requires an active internet connection in order to work. for this setup I have 3 tv devices + 3 small MOCA devices that plugged into them with ethernet cables and 1 of them directly to my router in order to get connection.

I configured the DLINK is a Bridge in order to use the XR500 as my router, in the XR500 I choosed PPPOE and Put my User/PW that I got from my ISP.

Etherent is working and I'm getting the speeds I listed but I have few major issues..

1. The VOD service is only working on 1 TV and the other 2 TV's cant fully load it. also saying that the MOCA cant get info.

Now I know you might think it's related to the TV service and it's on their side but they replaced devices and checked settings and blame it on my Internet and the ISP says everything is fine on their end aswell -.-  , Now I remember I fixed this issue long ago but I'm not sure which settings and how I fixed it from messing with the router/modem..

2.In my main PC with cable everything is loading fast and working properly in terms of videos and such but when I use mobile phones either me or some family members we have some major issues loading videos/websites. for example we enter the YouTube APP and the page dont even load.. we need to restart the app few times to finally get a video working and even then it works bad.. - sometimes we do get it to work properly on 1 device but the other devices just not working..

3.League of legends is somehow "blocked" And I cant access it anymore.. I open the game and I see the download bar (trying to patch) but nothing show's on the screen. I asked the support about it and they suggested it might be blocked from my ISP/ROUTER/FIREWALL settings..

bottom line im kinda lost and not really into modem/router knowledge and im a newbie about it.

So any help would be nice to try and solve those issues.

Most important info!! >> B4 I bought the XR500 I was using the DLINK is my main modem/router (the ISP gave it to me) and everything i mentioned worked flawlessly..

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet issues with VOD tv service+ Wifi(from mobile phones) + League of legends log in.

why not leave the dlink on router mode and simple put the netgears IP address into the dlink's DMZ?

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The above is a potential good option to try. Other than that toggle IGMP Proxying and SIP ALG in WAN Settings and see if the TVs are able to work then. Do you have anything added to the Geo-Filter - specifically the LoL device? What models are the phones that are having trouble?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7