× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is firmware 2.3.2.66 bugged? (Nighthawk XR450)

xbentleyx
Aspirant

Is firmware 2.3.2.66 bugged? (Nighthawk XR450)

Hi All,

Hoping to find some assistance here ASAP. We have 4 kids home schooling so connectivity is a must have! The other day the "wifi went out" suddenly on my kids.

Then I noticed my work laptop went offline also (which is hardwired back to a netgear prosafe 16 port switch, which is connected to the router.) All of my traffic goes through the switch. I have a Linksys Velop mesh wifi with 4 nodes all wired back to the switch. After rebooting the Velop system and the XR450 connectivity came back on. Then the wifi was spotty and noticed that only 2 of the nodes were connected to the network. Power cycled those and they came back on. I went into the Device Manager and noticed that 25% of my devices (all which I have named) did not have IP addresses. There were duplicate entries for some with their "natural" device names. I went through and cleanded all that up.

Now some devices still drop connection to the network and sometimes reconnect if I power cycle them, sometimes they don't. The WebUI is sometimes responsive and somtimes won't load anything at all (wired connection, full access to other websites.) I have a 1 GB connection. 

Any suggestions as to what might have caused this? Maybe the latest firmware is bugged? I'm rebooting the router every couple of hours (when the issue happens) which works for a short time. 

• DumaOS A7Legit
  • Netduma OS won't load anything on routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 directly (or loads slowly and sometimes times out) - other websites load fine (wired connection)
  • Nighthawk mobile app working intermittently ver. 2.7.0.27
  • XR450 firmware 2.3.2.66
  • devices keep randomly disconnecting and won't reconnect
  • some devices in device manager don't have IP addresses
  • rebooted router multiple times, rebooted all affected devices
  • using linksys velop for wifi (bridge mode) - these devices also lost connection and needed to be rebooted
  • also happening with hard wired devices
  • have seen at least one error message "cannot resolve ip address" on one wifi device (android tablet)
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

How many devices do you have connected at once?

Try the XR wifi with out the link sys online OR, disable the wifi on the XR router and setup the Linksys Velop in AP mode for wifi.

Message 2 of 10
xbentleyx
Aspirant

It’s a Fios ont

The WiFi is not the problem as it happens on dozens of wired devices also.

I haven’t done a factory reset unless that’s the only option. I spent 8 hours configuring the Xbox ports do get open NAT on our 3 xboxes not to mention logically naming all my devices etc. There are 40- 50 connected devices online at any give time.
Message 3 of 10
xbentleyx
Aspirant

Forgot to mention that the XR450 WiFi is off, only the Velop WiFi is on in bridge mode.
Message 4 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you require anything such as PPPoE, VLAN etc for a connection? Please go to Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status and just double check to see when the lease is obtained/expires. Give your devices reserved IPs in LAN Settings and that should help.
Message 5 of 10
xbentleyx
Aspirant

Are you suggesting static IP addresses for all of my devices?
Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Lets do a factory reset. 

You don't need to PF xbox rules. All you need to do is enable uPnP and set NAT Filter to OPEN if you have two or more game consoles onlline at the same time. 

Message 7 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That is what I was suggesting yes. It's much quicker than it sounds as in LAN Settings you just click on the device and then click apply to give it the IP it already has.
Message 8 of 10
xbentleyx
Aspirant

Finally found a solution. I swapped the XR450 for a Linksys MR9000 Max-Stream AC3000 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 5 Router - UPnP worked out of the box and all 3 Xboxes have open NAT. Problem solved!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure we could have resolved the issue. I do hope you consider DumaOS again in the future.
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7