× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is readyshare a thing of the past

Str1d3r
Aspirant

Is readyshare a thing of the past

I recently picked up an XR1000 router and a CM700 modem to replace an older WNDR4500 router that worked fine and ditch the cable company's monthly bill on the modem. I never utilized the readyshare on the old router but now I figured it was about time to do so. Well,,, it has been nothing short of a 4 day headache. I have setup a usb flash drive in the port, an external ssd and an external hard drive with its own power supply. None are picked up when I try to join ready cloud. It seems to only look for a nas.

I have watched countless videos that show how simple it is to just login to the router and click the readycloud link from the readycloud tab, well , there is none. Went to readycloud and linked my account and follow the help section and all the links are 404 error. What gives? I have an above average LAN setup in my home with about 85 or more devices all linked together with Netgear switches but I am about to just pawn it all off on fleabay and go with a different brand if the company does not support its clients. I do realize this is a user forum but any links to updated tutorials would be greatly appreciated. If you post one one the tube I will support your channel if it saves me the aggravation of switching everything out. <\/,,

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Is readyshare a thing of the past

As a member of the Netduma team, we don't have any input on the NETGEAR features included on the Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers, but we'll certainly do our best to assist as much as we can.

From reading around, I've noticed some users were having issues with this if they didn't setup the Admin Password Protection for the workgroup. Can you confirm if you've configured this in Settings -> USB Storage -> ReadySHARE Storage?

Message 2 of 6
Str1d3r
Aspirant

Yes I have.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

If you simply connect the drive, then open up Windows Explorer and enter  \\readyshare into the search bar, does that bring up the drive?

Message 4 of 6
Str1d3r
Aspirant

Yes. Only from my desktop.

Edit, Sorry for the delay. I am an on call refrigeration tech and have not had much time during this heat wave

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it work if you use the HTTP option and use the link on each device?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7