× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is the problem in XR500 settings?

WacoJohn
Luminary

Is the problem in XR500 settings?

I don't know that the problem lies within the router.  Here is the story:

POLK MAGNIFI MINI sound bar on a Vizio Smart TV. All are WiFi connected (including Tivo Bolt).  The Polk has a white LED on the back indicating WiFi and I have seen it on, but it is now off.  The Polk is Chromecast based.  To access certain things (firmware ver), one uses Google Home on their smart phone.  GH has seen the Polk in the past, but not now.  Will not find it.

I am guessing this is because the WiFi LED is not on.  The Polk is connected to TV via HDMI and it's audio works with the TV though the TV picture is often not synched with the audio coming out of the Polk.

Google will not help because it is not a Google sound bar.  Polk support says the problem is with Google Home and I can't seem to get any further with them.  MANY emails and an hour on the phone.

Searching for a solution, I ran across this:

"Just want to add to this post if Google Home can't configure to your WIFI which happened to me and double-check your WIFI router settings. Make sure UPnP and IGMP are enabled. In my case my router had IGMP disabled and was preventing the Mini/Chromecast from connecting back to Polk."

I have no certainty the above applies because the context of that thread seemed to involve something totally unrelated.  I have no idea exactly what IGMP is.

I checked within DUMA and UPnP is enabled.  I find nothing in DUMA regarding IGMP.

I am skeptical that it has anything to do with router because everything has worked just fine for a couple of years ... with no changes to router (or anything else, for that matter).

Been working on this for weeks.  I have factory reset Polk, and TV.  I have done all I know to do and would appreciate any help .... at all.  Thank you in advance.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can find the IGMP option in WAN Settings so you could try that. Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi? If so disable that and connect the device to 2.4GHz manually, does it work then?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can find the IGMP option in WAN Settings so you could try that. Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi? If so disable that and connect the device to 2.4GHz manually, does it work then?
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7