× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is there a Netgear router for gaming PCs?

Is there a Netgear router for gaming PCs?

Hello Folks,

I'm asking a question in this community because I've been facing some issues with the speed of the internet while playing games on my PC. I'm not that much of a gamer, but I do enjoy playing PubG sometimes. 

I'm looking for a router that is fast and affordable, someone has suggested Netgear or the Asus RT-AX82U, but I'm not sure which one is right for me.

Is there anyone who has experience with these routers or, should I upgrade my old PC with new one? Please help me out with this.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions

@harrisonethan wrote:

I'm looking for a router that is fast and affordable....

The affordable but may be a push. Netgear makes routers aimed for just that market. But at a price.

Best Gaming Routers - ?Nighthawk Pro Gaming - NPG: Power to Win

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11

All Replies

@harrisonethan wrote:

I'm looking for a router that is fast and affordable....

The affordable but may be a push. Netgear makes routers aimed for just that market. But at a price.

Best Gaming Routers - ?Nighthawk Pro Gaming - NPG: Power to Win

Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, Try a XR series router. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/online-gaming/

@harrisonethan wrote:

Hello Folks,

I'm asking a question in this community because I've been facing some issues with the speed of the internet while playing games on my PC. I'm not that much of a gamer, but I do enjoy playing PubG sometimes. 

I'm looking for a router that is fast and affordable, someone has suggested Netgear or the Asus RT-AX82U, but I'm not sure which one is right for me.

Is there anyone who has experience with these routers or, should I upgrade my old PC with new one? Please help me out with this.

Thanks

Message 3 of 11

Thanks for getting connected.

Yah, I've heard about this one, the Nighthawk Pro, but it is a bit expensive. However, I'm not sure how well it will work with my old PC.

These two are great. The Nighthawk Pro XR500 and XR1000 would be fine for a high performance monitor.

• 4 LAN and 1 WAN Gigabit Ethernet ports
  • Powerful WiFi 6 Technology
  • Triple-Core 1.5GHz Processor
  • Latest DumaOS 3.0 Software
  • Up to 5.4Gbps WiFi speeds

I've got this one as well; it's affordable, but I don't know whether or not it is good for gaming: - https://www.netgear.com/uk/home/wifi/routers/rax50/

I've got some monitor options as well: https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/d/accessories-and-monitors/gaming-monitors/

Thanks for your suggestion.

Message 4 of 11

Thanks for the information!

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I found my XR1000 on Amazon used for cheap. Solid working router during my testing of it. Worked well when I have it online. 

Message 6 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm a bit biased but the 500 or 1000 are great choices when looking at the XR range!
Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What the XR700 isn't any good? Hehe. I just got a XR700 in house. Will see how it goes. 🤔

Of course, lets not forget NetDumas Gaming R series routers as well. 😉

Message 8 of 11

@FURRYe38 Thanks for your information!

Message 9 of 11

@Netduma-Fraser I agree, thanks for the reply!

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7