× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is there an option for "Access Control" on XR300?

MrDsg44
Aspirant

Is there an option for "Access Control" on XR300?

Hello.

I had a Netgear Nighthawk (something) router before just buying this Nighthawk XR300 Router. Sadly I did not check properly and it seems that this XR300 does not have "Access Control" like my previous one had. The choice to block all incoming devices to connect even if they use the proper password. 

I have googled and tried contacting support but to no avail. I ask you guys instead. 🙂 

So if there is no "Access Control" (which I strongly suspect there is not) is there another way to block incoming devices to connect if they figure out the password? 

Thanks in advance!

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Is there an option for "Access Control" on XR300?

Unfortunately that feature is not available on the router at present. The only way to block devices at the moment is using the Device Manager but you will have to do this manually for each device.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Is there an option for "Access Control" on XR300?

Unfortunately that feature is not available on the router at present. The only way to block devices at the moment is using the Device Manager but you will have to do this manually for each device.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7