× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue in option " Turn off wireless signal by schedule" in new firware V2.3.2.40 Router XR500

ezambran
Aspirant

Issue in option " Turn off wireless signal by schedule" in new firware V2.3.2.40 Router XR500

Hello, I have a XR500 DumaOS router originally with firmware v 2.3.2.32. The issue is that I cannot make changes in the wireless programming because the options become dimmed after upgrading firmware to v 2.3.2.40. I tried to take the backup in the previous version firmware 2.3.2.32 and restored the backup after upgrading to the latest firmware v 40 and make a hard reset, but the checkbox is still dimmed and persist. I was testing the router settings and I noticed that the "Transmission power control" buttons were dimmed after configuring the Advanced hybrid VPN service and the primary DNS. Maybe it help. Could someone help me? I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Issue in option " Turn off wireless signal by schedule" in new firware V2.3.2.40 Rout

Is it just Transmission Power Control that is dimmed or is it other settings as well? Do you have smart connect enabled?
Message 2 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issue in option " Turn off wireless signal by schedule" in new firware V2.3.2.40 Rout

Try a factory reset on the router and setup from scratch. 

@ezambran wrote:

Hello, I have a XR500 DumaOS router originally with firmware v 2.3.2.32. The issue is that I cannot make changes in the wireless programming because the options become dimmed after upgrading firmware to v 2.3.2.40. I tried to take the backup in the previous version firmware 2.3.2.32 and restored the backup after upgrading to the latest firmware v 40 and make a hard reset, but the checkbox is still dimmed and persist. I was testing the router settings and I noticed that the "Transmission power control" buttons were dimmed after configuring the Advanced hybrid VPN service and the primary DNS. Maybe it help. Could someone help me? I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Message 3 of 15
ezambran
Aspirant

I've done that and it doesn't work either. I think it's a firmware bug.

Message 4 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What options are dimmed and are you using smart connect?
Message 5 of 15
ezambran
Aspirant

It's just the Transmit Power Control. Yes, I have enable the Smart Connect option.

Message 6 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you disable smart connect are you able to edit the option?
Message 7 of 15
ezambran
Aspirant

I've disabled smart connect but the option still can't be edited. I've attached an image.

Message 8 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Transmit power control looks editable to me, what happens when you click the 100% beside it?
Message 9 of 15
ezambran
Aspirant

No, it's still the same.  I've attached another image.

Message 10 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Transmit Power Control is related to 100% on the right hand side. Are you saying you want to enable WiFi scheduling which is a different feature?
I have the option available to me on the latest firmware. Disable the option on the previous firmware then upgrade, can you change it then?
Message 11 of 15
ezambran
Aspirant

I need to change the WiFi programming on certain days of the week.

I've tried that before and Initially the TPC box works fine, but after I setup the advanced hybrid VPN option on the router, the Transmit Power Control box was dimmed again.

Message 12 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is it once you've connected the VPN or once you've added a device specifically? I'll need to check with the team to see if this is expected behaviour.
Message 13 of 15
ezambran
Aspirant

I have configured the Advanced Hybrid VPN to connect to the Mullvad VPN server. I send an attached image showing this configuration.
Once the router is connected as a VPN client in the new option that brings the new firmware v40, the TPC box was automatically disabled.

Message 14 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thanks for the information, I've passed a message on to our team as this seems like expected behaviour. Will get an answer for you as soon as possible.
Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7